Join Early Retirement Today

TurboTax Premier desktop download now free for Vanguard Flagship accounts!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

TurboTax Premier desktop download now free for Vanguard Flagship accounts!

With the TurboTax Deluxe furor over removing Sched C, D & E from the interview, and removing electronic filing for users who fill in Sched C, D or E manually - out of curiousity I just logged on to see how much more Premier costs.

Guess what, desktop Premier is now free to Flagship accounts (this year only)! I am confident it wasn't free when the download page first went live, only Deluxe was free then.

However, I could not download Premier, just kept getting an error. I hope not, but it could be because I already downloaded Deluxe a month ago. I'll keep trying, and maybe log in as DW to see if that approach works. I suspect if I contact an account exec they'd provide an upgrade under the circumstances.

Interesting. As others have noted, Intuit is getting their heads bashed in by loyal Deluxe users in reviews and social media, self included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VG TTP.jpg (174.2 KB, 20 views)

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
With the TurboTax Deluxe furor over removing Sched C, D & E from the interview, and removing electronic filing for users who fill in Sched C, D or E manually - out of curiousity I just logged on to see how much more Premier costs.

Guess what, desktop Premier is now free to Flagship accounts! I am confident is wasn't when the download page first went live, only Deluxe was free then.

However, I could not download Premier, just kept getting an error. I hope not, but it could be because I already downloaded Deluxe a month ago. I'll keep trying, and I suspect if I contact an account exec they'd provide an upgrade under the circumstances.

Interesting. As others have noted, Intuit is getting their heads bashed in by loyal Deluxe users in reviews and social media, self included.
I use the Cd version and after calling Intuit they shipped me a free upgrade CD express.
meierlde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Somebody posted this news in another thread a week or two ago, along with this helpful link from BH on how to jump through the hoops to get it for free:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/vie...ewpost=2299793
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Thanks, I looked and didn't find it, evidently I didn't look hard enough.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Looks like another win for the good guys!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I am still getting an error when I try to download Premier. I am guessing it's because I already downloaded Deluxe in Dec, when a complimentary Premier wasn't offered. But I put an email in to my acct rep, we'll see what "they" tell him to tell me tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I had to delete my paid copy before I could load the free copy. I received a refund on my CC.