Originally Posted by Hamlet
Why does anyone still wear a watch when we all carry cell phones everywhere that serve the same purpose?
Let's see. I could either:
(1) locate my purse
(2) pick it up
(3) un-snap the cell phone pocket
(4) fumble around for my cell phone until I find it
(5) pull it out
(6) turn it around a few times until the time indicator is right side up
(7) squint at the tiny numbers and read off the time
(8) put the cell phone back in the pocket
(9) re-snap the cell phone pocket
(10) put the purse back where it was
OR... I could
(1) glance at my wrist without stopping whatever I am doing, and immediately know the exact time to the second, day of the week, and date
I wear a cheap Timex and they last a long time.The cost for me to wear such a watch for its lifespan has been about $0.25/month.
When I see someone without a watch, I think, "That guy has never had to sign in to work on time, or do anything else for a living." Maybe that's not correct, but that is what I think when I see that.