Umbrella insurance levels while ER ?

Also just bumped my umbrella to 2mm--cost 245/yr. Suddenly kicked-in that with assets to ER, needed more to protect against the possibility of someone else enjoying their ER on my nickel.
In terms of expense, I look at the price compared to an hour of an attorney fee--assuming you can find someone at that price who will only charge you an hour!
Like other postings, your rate is very subject to your risk. While my daughter lived in the home, our rate was closer to 775 and that was just for 1MM. Agent said it had to do with a driver under 25 living in the home.
nwsteve

Could it be also a hyped up insurance created to get more money out of people who would be willing to pay more and marketed by introducing fear into those individuals?
Is there real examples out there where home and auto insurance hasn't been enough? Is it by fear of damaging property or insuring someone out of home/auto?
Since I don't know I am only asking a question here not introducing my opinion.

Garden State ("Most corrupt politicians in the union"), I am seriously thinking about bumping my umbrella up from 1MM.
Kind of bad here in NJ but there is plenty of curruption in other states as well. I am thinking of RI (I lived there) and LA (heard of it as the worst before)...

Back
Top Bottom