update on Wellesley and Intermediate-Term Bond fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish I was able to start a thread and get as many replies as Obgyn does :D

+1

It even made a lurker like me post. Go figure.

As someone else just mentioned, it's baffling that it's so difficult to figure out that I paid this much on date x and today it's worth y. Take the difference and I know how much I made/loss.

Heck, my kids could figure this out years ago, when they were much younger. Instead, we get a thread with a lot of numbers, but no meaning.

I was hoping that someone might learn something from this thread. Well, I guess there was a lesson learned: choose where to respond wisely... :)

It is sort of funny to see everyone straining to help (or chastise) OB, and OB sounding befuddled and confused by it all. Is he trolling? Playing dumb? Truly dumb? Jerking our chains? A multiple personality who is sometimes risk-averse and extremely cautious, but at other times invests invests tens of thousands of dollars without any clue as to what he is doing? So extremely busy smearing paps and delivering babies that he can can't find 10 minutes to comprehend the basics of Vanguard's website? Stubbornly not paying attention?

I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. It does feel like we are caught up in something slightly silly in this thread, though.

It is sort of funny to see everyone straining to help (or chastise) OB, and OB sounding befuddled and confused by it all. Is he trolling? Playing dumb? Truly dumb? Jerking our chains? A multiple personality who is sometimes risk-averse and extremely cautious, but at other times invests invests tens of thousands of dollars without any clue as to what he is doing? So extremely busy smearing paps and delivering babies that he can can't find 10 minutes to comprehend the basics of Vanguard's website? Stubbornly not paying attention?

I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. It does feel like we are caught up in something slightly silly in this thread, though.

+1

(A wise comment from our Community Rules, for all of us to ponder):
Friends don't always agree on everything or even on most things. They can agree to disagree. When that happens, they try to keep their discussions logical and free from name calling and so forth, or more often they just spend their time on other topics. They don't take every opportunity to express their disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, and fan flames. When they are incapable of avoiding this sort of thing, they become much more disruptive than welcome.

At any rate, this thread appears to have outlived its usefulness. Thanks to all those who had constructive comments.

Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!" - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom