$150 to $250 29 46.77%
$250to $300 6 9.68%
$300+ 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Re: Utillities poll
Old 07-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

One of the other brands would be Solatube. I have one of their skylights installed in my kitchen and have been pleased with its performance/quality. They also make a solar attic fan which is still (slowly) making its way up my to-do list.

Yipee-Ki-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2005, 05:29 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

South Central Wisconsin, 1260-sq ft, 9-yr old house, two people:
approx. $95/mo average for last 12 months including electricity, gas, water & sewer.

Electric stove, electric fridge, electric washing machine, A/C was not turned on at all last summer, rare use of dishwasher; in the winter, use gas heating; no clothes dryer in the house.*

(This summer has been hot, though.* Today's the 2nd day we've turned the A/C on.)

flipstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We came in just under $250/month last year. We have a 2450 square foot home in Mesa, AZ. We travel about 1/4 to 1/3 of the time, though. AC in summer is the big expense. We water the 1/3 acre yard using flood irrigation at a cost of $2.50 every 15 days.

sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Texas, about 2800 sf or so.

$264/mo total, avg. over the last 12 mo.

Electric $150 mo., Gas $53 mo., Water $26 mo., Sewer $36 mo.

Electric includes 2.5 HP pool pump, flatrate MV security light, other outside lighting. Run A/C about 6.5 mo. per year, heat about 4 mos.
Water $ can vary greatly due to amount of irrigation. My grass is not well hydrated, I'm training it to live in a desert!

Natural Gas is very expensive.* Even more expensive in TX, as it comes from TX wells and is used in TX, so no interstate rules apply. Hits us two ways, as there is the same effect with power generation, the majority is via ga$ turbines using TX ga$. Very little Nuclear power.

-- Telly, the D-I-Y guy --
Two fools dancing on the hands of time
Telly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

3400 sq ft in sw Ohio - Basis - Level bill - Natural Gas $120/ Electric $60/ Water & Sewer $50 for $230/month

Dad's Dream; to have enough money someday to live the kind of life my wife and kids do...
Life is what happens while you are making other plans... John Lennon...
the more you look, the more you see...
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote