"Vanguard Personal Advisor Services(tm)"

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Got an email from my VG rep inviting me make an appointment with "Vanguard Personal Advisor Services(tm)" to help with my portfolio or give it the attention it needs.

I've done a couple of the free financial plans with them but the last one was awhile ago.

I'm not sure if this is something else or it's the same financial planners reviewing your account, without necessarily doing another financial plan.

Not sure if it's included or something extra you'd pay for.

Anyone else get this "invitation" to use their advisors?

Yes, I received a letter yesterday. I have the same questions as you.
My assigned Rep (Chuck) is mediocre at best (I actually educated him on a couple of things) and he is the one who sent the letter. However, the deep-dive financial plan sessions with their CFP has been very valuable. It's probably time to arrange for an update now that I've retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yeah, I got one. I assumed these new services are paid services so I ignored it. I guess we can expect that the "free" plan will either disappear or become a come-on to a "full service plan" that you pay for.

Curious, what topics did you cover with the CFP? Retirement? Tax planning? Estate planning?

Thanks!

Yeah, I got one. I assumed these new services are paid services so I ignored it. I guess we can expect that the "free" plan will either disappear or become a come-on to a "full service plan" that you pay for.

I'm pretty sure they don't offer the free plan anymore, even to Flagship customers, as no mention is made of it on the website (used to be one of the listed perks).
And yes, the new "service" is a "low-cost" one- " 0.30% of assets under management", meaning, I suppose, that they want to decide for you what to do with your money rather than just giving advice.
No thanks.

Well .30 is cheaper than any of the other brokerages which offer wealth management.

Back
Top Bottom