Vanguard Planning and Payout Funds

WilliamG

Recycles dryer sheets
Fyi, we had our annual plan review with Vanguard today and I asked about the new Payout funds. They are too new to be assimilated into their recommendations which isn't a surprise. I asked how you would incorporate one of these funds into your allocation plan and he said right now they would just "set a payout fund aside" and recommend for the rest of the portfolio; i.e., if you have a 50-50 recommended allocation, they would keep all assets NOT in a Payout fund at 50-50. They are not really pitching these products yet until there is more track record.

Yeah, I still like our 35% Wellesley....

I like my 30% Wellesley, too. After watching the Dow sinking, it was really reassuring to get that nice dividend recently.

I think the Managed Payout Funds will have their place, but maybe not in my portfolio just yet.

Hi,
Please forgive my stupidity, what is 35% Wellesley? What is Wellesley which people keeps talking about? Is it one of the investment instrument? Thanks!

Wellesley is a God only worshipped on a small island in Micronesia and on the ER boards...

Back
Top Bottom