Vanguard request to 'upgrade'

HEY! I"M RETIRED! So this morning Fidelity left a message to the effect that our Fidelity Amex has been compromised, but no worries - they are sending a new card which should arrive about Christmas time. On 1/6/2015 our old card numbers are no good and we need to just use the new card. Swell. So now I get to discover which bills are set to pull from the old Fidelity Amex. Kaiser insurance, Ebay, Amazon Prime, some garbage companies, ... uh uhh? what else... All I have is time, right?

They send me a new card every 6 months or so. Minor inconvenience for 2% cashback everywhere (that takes Amex). And they are really quick to put a fraud block on my card, too.

2 questions about statements with Vanguard Brokerage accounts:

- If there are no trades how often are statements generated?

- Is a cumulative year to date statement still offered once a year?

I am concerned that Vanguard's moves to encourage all mutual fund holders to convert to brokerage accounts will cause more statement book keeping.

I was quite content to have quarterly statements and an annual year to date statement with my non-traded mutual funds.

Thanks
-gauss

2 questions about statements with Vanguard Brokerage accounts:

- If there are no trades how often are statements generated?

- Is a cumulative year to date statement still offered once a year?

I am concerned that Vanguard's moves to encourage all mutual fund holders to convert to brokerage accounts will cause more statement book keeping.

I was quite content to have quarterly statements and an annual year to date statement with my non-traded mutual funds. Since dividends come every month for stocks (not necessarily the same stocks however) there are transactions every month, as also occurs for sweep account.

Thanks
-gauss

You get a monthly statement which shows at least dividends paid out. It is easy to download. The december statement is year to date for mutual funds (vanguard funds) and shows dec only for stocks and non vanguard mutual funds. It also shows dividends declared but not yet paid for the brokerage accounts.

I prefer always having a brokerage account wherever I have my money because then I have the maximum options. I can buy individual stocks, ETF's, mutual funds which are not VG funds... so what you are doing now is what I did in first place.

Back
Top Bottom