Join Early Retirement Today
Old 07-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Worked for me in firefox, I'm listening to it right now... its much like reading the comments here

Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm reading the transcript...cuz I'm a Luddite.

BBQ-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:49 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
I'm reading the transcript...cuz I'm a Luddite.
I do that too, because I can read it a lot faster than listening to it, even if I reread sections I didn't quite get the first time around. Back at megacorp we had some VPs and even the CEO who used to record speeches to the troops rather than send emails, and I hated it. I wondered if a lot of it was their vanity, that they wanted/needed to be seen and heard rather than just read.

And cuz I'm a Luddite, sometimes.
RunningBum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #24
Dryer sheet aficionado
I had no trouble with link using Safari.

Very professional discussion by Vanguard employees.

It was nice to hear them discuss called-in concern questions on retirement asset distribution, Social Security, Asset Allocation, and 4% rule. By nice I mean they share my thoughts about these topics, so my thinking is re-enforced.

Video lasts about one hour.
jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #25
Link worked fine for me (Safari, OS X).

Very nice summary on a lot of important topics and nice to see it's pretty consistent with the advice here as well. Thanks for posting. (I usually sign up for those webcasts and never get around to watching them...)
"One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." William Feather
ER'd Oct. 2010 at 53. Life is good.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
The webcasts are always on Thursdays at 1pm and much of the year I have a conflict on Thursdays. This is the first time I have watched the recorded version rather than live.

If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote