Vanguard webcast:Managing your portfolio in retirement

pb4uski

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/insights/article/live-webcast-managing-portfolio-072015

I viewed this earlier today and thought it was good. It touches on many of the issues we deliberate here.

Investors spend years saving and planning for their retirement, but often they overlook how to effectively manage their portfolios once they're living in retirement. In this recent live webcast, Maria Bruno of Vanguard Investment Strategy Group and Nilay Gandhi of Vanguard Personal Advisor Services® will discuss how to create a game plan for managing your portfolio as a retiree.

Last edited:
I clicked on the link, and it brought me to a page where there are many things to click on. I searched for the webcast title, and it returned me to the same page. I logged into my VG account to see if that helped. No difference.

Can you help me locate the webcast on the page the link leads to ? Top of page ? Middle ? Bottom ?

Sorry the link didn't work for you.

What I did was logged on and did a search for video webcasts in the search box in the upper right corner and selected the first search result called Vanguard webcast library and it was the first webcast listed.

Or google "vanguard managing your portfolio in retirement"

Thanks...I just tried that. I even tried clicking on a different video webcast title in the library. I still ended up on a page that had an image of one of those old fashioned binocular viewers that take quarters to look at scenery. I am still logged in to the VG site.

I copied and pasted the link from the page where I ended up.
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/freshness/insights/hub/overview.jsf

Must be a broken link or I'm not doing something right. :confused:
I'll try again later.
:flowers:

The link to the library w*rked fine, and this is what I see on the webcast library page.

Most recent webcasts
transparent_64x64.png

Managing your portfolio in retirement
June 11, 2015
The case for a global portfolio
May 28, 2015
How to know when a financial advisor is right for you
May 21, 2015

But when I click on the actual webcast link (Managing your portfolio in retirement) on the webcast library page that I get taken to the page with the coin operated viewer thingie.

I'm using IE v11. Must be a browser issue.

The link to the library w*rked fine, and this is what I see on the webcast library page.

Most recent webcasts
transparent_64x64.png

Managing your portfolio in retirement
June 11, 2015
The case for a global portfolio
May 28, 2015
How to know when a financial advisor is right for you
May 21, 2015

But when I click on the actual webcast link (Managing your portfolio in retirement) on the webcast library page that I get taken to the page with the coin operated viewer thingie.

I'm using IE v11. Must be a browser issue.

I'm using Chrome and get the same thing.

I'm using Firefox and have no problem getting to the webcast although I did have to enable Adobe Flash.

I just tried all of the links and they appear to work for me WITHOUT being logged into Vanguard.

When you go to pb4uski's original link here.....
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/insights/article/live-webcast-managing-portfolio-072015

and then looking to the left of the page you will see in large bold letters "Webcast replay: Managing your portfolio in retirement"..... Under that title is "Replay and transcript from a recent Vanguard webcast" blah, blah, blah. And then finally on the left under that you will see "Watch the full replay". Click on "Watch the full replay" and it will take you directly to the video.

I did this on 2 versions of Internet Explorer and the current version of Chrome. All three worked for me.

I'm perplexed that the link works for some members and not for others... never have had that happen before today.

Works for me with Safari, but I have the most recent updated Adobe Flash.

I went the Google route to get the webcast (didn't try the original link). It was easy to find.

Great webcast. Thanks for posting pb4uski. Gives me more to think about especially regarding annuities and tax efficient withdrawal strategies. I need to shift some of my newfound freedom to spending more time on the financial aspects of retirement. I know that I know a great deal but there is still so much more to explore!

I thought it was interesting that it touched briefly on so many of the issues that we debate here.

The link worked just fine for me (Google Chrome on Linux mint Cinnamon 17.2 OS). But I just didn't get that much from it that's not covered here at this wonderful forum. Thanks all.

I'm reading the transcript...cuz I'm a Luddite. :D
I do that too, because I can read it a lot faster than listening to it, even if I reread sections I didn't quite get the first time around. Back at megacorp we had some VPs and even the CEO who used to record speeches to the troops rather than send emails, and I hated it. I wondered if a lot of it was their vanity, that they wanted/needed to be seen and heard rather than just read.

And cuz I'm a Luddite, sometimes.

I had no trouble with link using Safari.

Very professional discussion by Vanguard employees.

It was nice to hear them discuss called-in concern questions on retirement asset distribution, Social Security, Asset Allocation, and 4% rule. By nice I mean they share my thoughts about these topics, so my thinking is re-enforced. :)

Video lasts about one hour.

Link worked fine for me (Safari, OS X).

Very nice summary on a lot of important topics and nice to see it's pretty consistent with the advice here as well. Thanks for posting. (I usually sign up for those webcasts and never get around to watching them...)

Back
Top Bottom