VWINX 3% drop today?

Newventurer

Recycles dryer sheets
Financial websites show an almost 3% drop today, yikes!

Over on Bogelheads it it reported that Vanguard has said there is a problem and it will be fixed later tonight

What if it's real? - active management - you never know what they will do... ;-)

It must have corrected - I am seeing more like a .04% drop (1 cent down for the day).

VWIAX (Wellesley Admiral) was corrected from -2.98% to -0.02%. VWENX (Wellington Admiral) corrected from -1.52% to +0.13%. Whew!

VWIAX (Wellesley Admiral) was corrected from -2.98% to -0.02%. VWENX (Wellington Admiral) corrected from -1.52% to +0.13%. Whew!
Kind of interesting that numbers on a computer screen take us from despair to elation so quickly. ( 1/3 of my liquid NW is in Wellesley/Wellington). Makes me wonder if I'm in the matrix.

Kind of interesting that numbers on a computer screen take us from despair to elation so quickly. ( 1/3 of my liquid NW is in Wellesley/Wellington). Makes me wonder if I'm in the matrix.
Be glad you're not the person responsible for the misinformation. Your life really just changed. Sucks to be homeless.

Be glad you're not the person responsible for the misinformation. Your life really just changed. Sucks to be homeless.
Yeah, it would be interesting to find out the real story behind today's events.

Have to say, since I watch my mom’s money, I felt a bit dumb when I saw one of her largest funds lose 3% on no big market moves. Guess it’s just a warm up for what will come someday.

Have to say, since I watch my mom’s money, I felt a bit dumb when I saw one of her largest funds lose 3% on no big market moves. Guess it’s just a warm up for what will come someday.

With a big chunk in vwinx I'm glad DM doesn't have internet.

Last edited:
VWIAX / VINIX is still down 2.5+% YTD - most significantly under-performing it's category average by 2+%. M* shows it's in the bottom 5% of funds in it's category. Not what I'd expect from my "most conservative" retirement fund with a good balance of equities and FI.

I've truly been wondering if the recent manager changes has resulted in this no longer being the fantastic fund it's been for decades. Maybe the new crew just isn't as good as the old management.

Still holding, but I also made a pretty significant investment in VWIAX and the performance YTD and over the past 12 months has pretty much sucked. Same thing happened to me on BERIX previously. I'm really starting to believe the "active can't beat passive" mantra.

The bond holdings of Wellesley seem to mimic the intermediate corporate bond fund. So the YTD results for Wellesley make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom