Join Early Retirement Today

We knew it all along
Old 12-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We knew it all along

Retirement is happy time!

Life gets better after retirement—despite the financial and physical challenges associated with that time of life. That’s the upbeat conclusion of a new poll from MassMutual Financial Group, which finds that although nearly half of Americans retire sooner than they planned, “retirees indicate high levels of emotional well-being, enjoyment and financial security.”

Will retirement pay you a ‘happiness bonus’? - MarketWatch
ejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejman View Post
Retirement is happy time!

Life gets better after retirement—despite the financial and physical challenges associated with that time of life. That’s the upbeat conclusion of a new poll from MassMutual Financial Group, which finds that although nearly half of Americans retire sooner than they planned, “retirees indicate high levels of emotional well-being, enjoyment and financial security.”

Will retirement pay you a ‘happiness bonus’? - MarketWatch
Is it likely that an insurance company that markets to retired people would come out with a study that says retirement is really awful, your body is failing, neither you nor your spouse is very much to look at, you worry about money all the time and you can't remember where you put your keys?

Ha
Old 12-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Is it likely that an insurance company that markets to retired people would come out with a study that says retirement is really awful, your body is failing, neither you nor your spouse is very much to look at, you worry about money all the time and you can't remember where you put your keys?
Picky, picky, picky.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

Quote:

Ha
Love it!!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbach View Post
Love it!!
Well, even they did, would any ER'd person care? We could face that list of challenges and STILL BE W*RKING!

We all face that list eventually anyway (unless we're dead). It's a lot more fun to do it while gainfully unemployed/ER'd (and alive!). If I can't find my keys, well.........at least I don't have to find them in order to get to work on time!

I'll just have stay home and read a book instead of running my errands. Who cares? The world will still go on.....

Old 12-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #6

Quote:

Ha
You forgot "and get off my lawn!"
ejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Hey, speak for your doggone self!

Quote:
Ineither you nor your spouse is very much to look at
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Haha. Well, I could sure be prettier, and I have no spouse, but my GF is really a stunner!

Ha
Old 12-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Luckily, our eyesight tends to get worse with age as well...

Quote:
Haha. Well, I could sure be prettier, and I have no spouse, but my GF is really a stunner!

Ha
Ha, you stud!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

How you look is not that important. It's how you feel.

Groucho Marx put it best when he said "A man is as young as the woman he feels".

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
How you look is not that important. It's how you feel.

Groucho Marx put it best when he said "A man is as young as the woman he feels".
I vote for look and feel.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:15 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I did not state it correctly. In the earlier post, instead of saying "It's how you feel", I should have said "It's what you feel".

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote