Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun View Post
I actually don't want to report this thread and have it closed because it's so funny.
Well, it does have some entertainment value....
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtest View Post
My point was a pyramid scheme. It's all one big pyramid scheme called "life"

My other point was owning a profitable business will indeed take time if not ultimately fail outright...its a lot of work.
What doesn't take work? I am glad I didn't see this kind of info 20 years ago, I would have never opened my business and would never be on the verge of FIRE because of it. False advise. There are alternate facts.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonjp View Post
To be clear I've been with this company for 3 months and I've gained over $7k. Those screaming pyramid scheme are the ones who either never applied themselves or didn't research the company before joining. This company has an A+ rating with the BBB. just because you didn't have success with whatever company doesn't mean that all are schemes! Find some dirt on MyEcon and post it. I'll wait......
Surely you know that the people on this forum are largely financially independent, or heading that way, by managing their own money. The "services" you are promoting are useless to us. You already posted the dirt on MyEcon by posting the links to the "company" website.

Current AA: 75% Equity Funds / 15% Bonds / 5% Stable Value /2% Cash / 3% TIAA Traditional
Retired Mar 2014 at age 52, target WR: 0.0%,
Income from pension and rent
nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #84
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Well, it does have some entertainment value....
The continued existence of this thread will make the most sense to those who have cats.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #85

Quote:
To be clear I've been with this company for 3 months and I've gained over $7k. Those screaming pyramid scheme are the ones who either never applied themselves or didn't research the company before joining. This company has an A+ rating with the BBB. just because you didn't have success with whatever company doesn't mean that all are schemes! Find some dirt on MyEcon and post it. I'll wait......
Ramon, I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to manage my finances and optimize my taxes. That coupled with FireCalc and iORP are free to you (plus S&H). These products and my proven strategies will lead to your financial freedom.......actually that is all true apart from the S&H....there's no S&H...its all free.

Current AA: 75% Equity Funds / 15% Bonds / 5% Stable Value /2% Cash / 3% TIAA Traditional
Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
The continued existence of this thread will make the most sense to those who have cats.
I don't have cats....I'm confused.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #87

Ramon, I do not think there is a get rich quick way out there. Those who are rich spend considerable time and effort in getting there. I am not sure if you created this thread for laughs or if you really think you will get some suckers. We have all worked hard for our money and have no intention on giving it to suspect practices.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Taking the high road, I'll say that I fear you are headed for disappointment. After all the $7K in 3 months = $28K/yr but if this is gross, then you are pocketing a lot less.

I certainly hope you are not counting the taxes you didn't pay as part of that $7K
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
Taking the high road, I'll say that I fear you are headed for disappointment. After all the $7K in 3 months = $28K/yr but if this is gross, then you are pocketing a lot less.

I certainly hope you are not counting the taxes you didn't pay as part of that $7K
Ramon is just trying to generate leads. myEcon looks like a pyramid scheme. They sell some "financial planning products" to people and then want them to sell those products to new people.

Ramon, my advice to you would be to forget about myEcon and "wealth creation schemes". Read the bogleheads wiki and maybe ask some honest questions on this forum and we might be able to save you a lot of money and grief. Also I hope you realize that you will be paying self employment taxes on the profit from your HBB and any deductions that reduce your income tax won't work to reduce the SE tax.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post

Part of the gimmick is that you have a home based business and you used business deductions to reduce taxable income. You generate the income by getting new clients and selling them services who in turn.......etc, a classic pyramid scheme. If that isn't bad enough I haven't seen any mention of the self employment tax that you have to pay as a sole proprietor.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #91

OK, I'll admit I watched the video. The video, I'll admit. was quite well done. The content however was laughable. Strategies guaranteed to have the IRS knocking on your door.
H2ODude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #92
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
.......This company has an A+ rating with the BBB. ...
Just to clarify the above comment.... The company is not accredited by BBB. The A+ rating is a customer rating based on just 4 customer reviews. Link to BBB rating site.

Ramon - if you are serious about long term wealth building....this isn't the path.
Whisper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #93

Quote:
T......Find some dirt on MyEcon and post it. I'll wait......
Since you asked... Here's a nice summary of what the company has to offer. Link

Bottom line as other's have posted, this is a classic pyramid scheme. And the leaders of the company have been in trouble in the past. From the above article, doesn't sound like they are too good at wealth generation....

Ivey Stokes and Alvin Curry, the founders of MyEcon, were Chairman and CEO, respectively, of a company called Maxxis Group Inc, an MLM that was founded in 1998. It specialized in communication services, marketing services, and nutritional products (Body One?). The company filed for bankruptcy in 2003.
In 2006, Curry and Stokes were listed as defendants in litigation brought by the appointed Chapter 7 trustee in Maxxis bankruptcy hearings. Apparently, based on the court document, the trustee sued Stokes, Curry and others for breaching their fiduciary duty, for corporate waste and deepening the insolvency of Maxxis. In other words, they didn’t act in the best interests of the company.
Also listed in the Maxxis complaint was Larry Gates, current COO of MyEcon. And, Dr. Naomi Kirkman-Bey is listed as MyEcon’s CEO. She was also listed as a creditor for Maxxis Communications. That’s way too many connections to the bankrupt company for me.

Whisper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Wealth creating strategies
Old 01-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #94

Wealth creating strategies

I fear that it's too late for Ramon. He's probably spent a lot of money to become an Associate and is now frantically trying to make the pyramid scheme part work. The ironic thing is that if he stuck around here he actually would learn a lot if useful things and get free help with his finances from people with nothing to gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Old 01-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #95
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun View Post
............ The ironic thing is that if he stuck around here he actually would learn a lot if useful things and get free help with his finances from people with nothing to gain................
Who wants to hear about boring get rich slow techniques? Get rich quick is so much more appealing.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #96
Give me a forum ...

What a bunch of wimps! Dare to be great!

Blah, blah,blah..... it just never ends.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #97
Give me a forum ...

Shooting for the financial stars? Odds are, you’ll end up with imploding investments and a penny-pinching retirement. --HumbleDollar

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Dare to be great!
Dare to be something anyway.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper66 View Post
Since you asked... Here's a nice summary of what the company has to offer. Link

Bottom line as other's have posted, this is a classic pyramid scheme. And the leaders of the company have been in trouble in the past. From the above article, doesn't sound like they are too good at wealth generation....

Ivey Stokes and Alvin Curry, the founders of MyEcon, were Chairman and CEO, respectively, of a company called Maxxis Group Inc, an MLM that was founded in 1998. It specialized in communication services, marketing services, and nutritional products (Body One?). The company filed for bankruptcy in 2003.
In 2006, Curry and Stokes were listed as defendants in litigation brought by the appointed Chapter 7 trustee in Maxxis bankruptcy hearings. Apparently, based on the court document, the trustee sued Stokes, Curry and others for breaching their fiduciary duty, for corporate waste and deepening the insolvency of Maxxis. In other words, they didn’t act in the best interests of the company.
Also listed in the Maxxis complaint was Larry Gates, current COO of MyEcon. And, Dr. Naomi Kirkman-Bey is listed as MyEcon’s CEO. She was also listed as a creditor for Maxxis Communications. That’s way too many connections to the bankrupt company for me.

Well, I'm sold. Where do I send my money? I want to move my finances.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #100

What happened to Ramonjp?

Do you suppose he made his millions and retired?

Oh, I know... he's working on his second million... he lost his first million on bogus pyramid schemes!