What is your Asset Allocation if you have no pension?

I wouldn't criticize his math skills... typing skills, however, seem to be fair game since the 9 is adjacent to the 0.

My math can be questionable, however this is more a fat fingers / small phone or tablet issue.
60/40 mea culpa

I maintain at least a 50% exposure to equities. No pension, not drawing SS for a long time.

Last edited:
With no pension, I would decrease equities by 10-15% so I would be 55-60% equities instead of 70%

I sleep good. The equities have kept my net worth up even though I've been spending lots.

75/15/10 no pension.

Mid 50s and ER'd last Jan..no pensions.

~25% Equities / 75% Fixed Income (bond funds, CDs and MMs). Working to get equities to ~20% in the new year, and have some company stock that I wanted to sell in 2020 vs 2019 for tax reasons that should get us there.

Divvys from the FI part of the portfolio pay most of the bills. The 25% Equities is 10+ year money for growth.

We're obviously very conservative, but with no W-2 paychecks and being the ages we are, I have no desire to live through another 2008. I've also done quite a bit of research into max drawdown and recovery periods and came to the painful realization that I can't psychologically deal with being "underwater" for potentially 10 or more years in the next bear with a large portion of my net worth..plus, with valuations as high as they are now..the next decade is not likely to be a repeat of the last.

We don't have any desire to just run the number up as high as we can get it, so our plan is structured to deliver "enough" to allow us to live to 95+ with a minimal level of risk.

Last edited:
55/38/7
Small 51k lump sum pension in 5 years.

75/20/5

I have a long retirement ahead of me and need to stay mostly in equities to keep up with inflation but have a cash buffer to help avoid selling stocks in a big downturn.

Holy smoke, you got more gambling cajones than I do, unless you're trying to make up for lost time !

I'm [50/40/10] and can sleep at night.

It certainly does not feel like it. It is all in high quality (IMO) dividend growth stocks, which generate considerably more $$ than I need, and is rarely traded. My only trades in 2019 were some rebalancing in December, and some minor purchases with excess dividends quarterly. The only real excitement will be coming up February when annual dividend increases are announced.

Last edited:
Mine overall is 36/61/3. The rollover IRA part has a little more stock while the taxable part has a little more bonds.

68/11/21

No ss, no pension. Retired 2.5 years ago living on the 21% cash.

Our pension is $4800/year, no COLA. So, close zero.
Our asset allocation is 73/26/1. We are 71/62.
The 26% would cover 6+ years of withdrawals.

I'm not sure of the exact percentages, but all of our investments are in equity-based index funds, we also have a similar amount in real estate that's for sale. When the RE sells I'll put that into more index funds. We keep 3-5 years living expenses in cash.

Houses are paid for.

Back
Top Bottom