What's in Bernanke's Wallet?

retire@40

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I wonder what we are in for?

"What's interesting about Bernanke's fund choices is that most are actively managed instead of passively managed, meaning that Bernanke is choosing to pay portfolio managers to try to beat the market, instead of picking low-cost, passive index funds."

"Bernanke's large-cap core fund charges a mammoth fee of nearly 2 percent a year but has managed to outperform the S&P 500 by 3 percent annually over the last five years."

http://www.slate.com/id/2128743/fr/rss/

Alan G had his money in T bills, so he at least had confidence in his own product. Helicopter Ben acts as if he thinks T bills are not the way to go. He is in a position to know whether or not his planned fed policies will make treasuries useless as a store of value, and his actions indicate that he has no confidence in his product.

Look at the author of this article: Henry Blodget. Sound familiar? Isn't he the guy that touted all those go-go tech companies on Wall Street just before the bust of 2000? I don't know if I would put much "stock" in anything he has to say. ;) :D

I could be wrong but I think Fed chairmans have to hold T-bills. Eliminates conflicts of interest. The other "item" in Bernanke's wallet is a lot of wealth I imagine, not as much as Alan but plenty to go around.

Back
Top Bottom