What's the smallest amount you can retire on?

You can associate the dance hosts on a cruise line with bar girls if you like, but that was not the impression he gave. He was probably seventy years old, which would be a little long in the tooth for a bar girl. He did not appear to be offering the same sort of services.
LooseChickens

Speaking of long in the tooth hookers, my brother and I were in Vegas and a woman who looked to be about 70 came up to him and said "Hey,want to party?" He said no, but that he would like to ask her a question-if she got many takers. She answered "enough to make it worthwhile, there’s a market for everything."

Can't beat it, a hooker who was also a theorist of free markets.

Ha

hmmm...maybe there's something to be said for experience......(or maybe clients with a mother fixation?).........

LooseChickens

i have a friend (an x-roommate from many years ago) whose last free cruise was on the qeii where he worked as a golf pro, helping others to do more with their bodies.

taxi dancing is no different or dirtier than being a masseur or masseuse, a fitness trainer or a doctor for that matter (no offense, doc).

to qualify my statement, not that i utilize it--yet (i can still get it for free)--but i have no problem with prostitution either, so what do i know.

from the all-knowing wiki:
A taxi dancer is a professional dance partner in one of many forms of partner dance. A taxi dancer is not a prostitute and no favours can be expected off the dance floor. In social settings and social forms of dance, a dancer wanting constructive feedback from a taxi dancer normally has to explicitly request it, since the taxi dancer's role being primarily social, they are unlikely to criticise their partner directly.

The term originated in ballroom dancing in the 1930s, for women paid by the dance. It is currently used in dance styles such as Ceroc for experienced dancers (male or female) who are paid to either dance opposite a teacher or dance among the paying customers in beginners class to raise the standard.

When we were on a repositioning cruise, the ship doctor was from Vancouver. He and his family had flown to Ft Lauderdale to take the cruise all the way to Alaska. His office hours were 9-11 and 2-4. The cruise was gratis.

(And he only danced with his wife.)

Similarly, the computer classes were offered by techs who were travelling free. So there are options. We just need to develop skills that are in demand. And get to like those windowless inside rooms. To me the dancers are getting a great deal.

I think that it all depends on you. Personally, I wouldn't retire with only 750k. I like to spend money. You can always invest your money. I went with a financial firm called D.B. Landers, and they helped me out a lot. I think in about a few more years I will be able to retire with over 1.5 mil. Check out some financial firms like D.B. Landers and see what they can do for you.

I think that it all depends on you. Personally, I wouldn't retire with only 750k. I like to spend money. You can always invest your money. I went with a financial firm called D.B. Landers, and they helped me out a lot. I think in about a few more years I will be able to retire with over 1.5 mil. Check out some financial firms like D.B. Landers and see what they can do for you.

You might be able to retire if you weren't paying DB Landers to manage your money. Your debut post kinda smells.

Unfortunately, you came to the wrong forum to push whatever financial planning company you are advertising. Almost everyone here made it or is making it on their own. And you will not change any minds.

... D.B. Landers,

...D.B. Landers

John,

If they are as lax with other things as they in potentially infringing on other financial company's trademarks

(this is from the DB Landers "about" page )

5zfo01i.jpg

then, I'm gonna take a great big pass.

In fact, just go ahead and mark me down for that pass, regardless.

Nice website: "The requested URL /:2082/downloads/ATVBOOKLET.pdf was not found on this server."

:D

Last edited:

John, How long have these folks been around?

Just got a website a couple weeks ago, and the net shows nothing on them.

Please let us know their history, and how you chose them, I'm interested.

Registrant:
Dream Machine Technologies, Inc.
249 N. Brand Blvd. #464

Glendale, CA 91203
United States of America

Registrar: DomainPeople, Inc.

Domain Name: dblanders.com
Created on .............Wed May 23 12:34:10 2007
Expires on .............Fri May 23 12:34:10 2008
Record last updated on .Wed May 23 18:49:49 2007

Administrative Contact:
Dream Machine Technologies, Inc.
Support Dept.
249 N. Brand Blvd. #464

Glendale, CA
91203, US

info@dreammachine.cc

Technical Contact:
SiteProduct Web Services
Administrator DNS
1 N State Street
12th Floor
Chicago, IL
60602, US
(1312)2362132
(131)22361958
administrator@siteprotect.com

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.dmtdns.com
ns2.dmtdns.com

(dblanders.com)

No, I think it's Bulls***

I think you are right. This sure is ( emphasis added)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We stand by our clients and point them towards superior results through insightful analysis of market and industry conditions and trends. Our business growth is dependent on helping our clients grow theirs. That is why we stand firmly by our clients and work to achieve a partnership-based connection with every client, and avoid creating a client-agent relationship.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

WTF, over?

Does "partnership-based connection" mean anything in legal terms?

:bat:
:D
[/FONT]

I'm trying very hard to not provide the marketing-to-english translation for the phrase "partnership based connection".

Suffice it to say, it usually involves a lubricant. In this case you might have to pay extra for that.

OK monday morning we all email this company and torture them with inquiries about the great services.

The moderators have been on this since the original post. Naturally, it is a very transparent piece of spam.

But we're enjoying the reception it's receiving so very much that we just haven't found the time to delete it.... ;)

Back to the original question.
I have known alot of people back in the hills of east kentucky who lived long lives without ever topping 500 dollars/month. They buy staple foods, plant gardens, use wood/coal heat, hunt, dig ginseng, draw foodstamps and live simple mountain lives. In fact, I've known several who have never held a non-cash job in their life. Never paid taxes, never paid SS. It just never was for me, but they seem to do okay until old age and hard living catches up with them. Even then they get a medical card and usually draw a disability check. So, I guess they are the ultimate FIRE. Granted this is becoming rarer as time goes on.

I'm trying very hard to not provide the marketing-to-english translation for the phrase "partnership based connection".

Suffice it to say, it usually involves a lubricant. In this case you might have to pay extra for that.

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Back
Top Bottom