Join Early Retirement Today

What's with experian Online credit report
Old 12-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

What's with experian Online credit report

I have been trying for several weeks to get my free online report from experian but I get this message "Our online credit report service is temporarily unavailable while our system undergoes maintenance. Please try again later, or you may call 1 800 311 4769 to order your personal credit report to be delivered by U.S. Mail."
When I call the 899 #, I was on the phone for 35 minutes forced to list to their constant advertising so I gave up.

These companies make multi millions if not billions on our data but equifax had a MAJOR security breach and experian can't provide an online or mailed report.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Have you tried CreditKarma?
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #3

I used both their website because I can get free multiple copies allowed in my state. I also the official website that accesses the reports from all 3 companies.

Anyone recently try to get their report from experian?
Old 12-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Post a report of your failed efforts on their Twitter account or FB page if they have one. You might get a response faster than by phone.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #5

I get that all the time. If trying with an alternative browser and no ad block active doesn't work, I do a paper form. I have the form filled out in an electronic version with the next page of the document having images of the proof that's required for the paper request. Takes just a minute longer than the online process. But I never want them to get off the hook by having poor reliability of their web interface.

If you want to complain:
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I too have given up getting my free annual credit reports online. Instead, I go the fast snail mail route.

I wonder though if having my credit frozen has anything to do with my flunking the prove who I am questions which occurs.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm bumping this one.

For those of you who might like to keep a close eye on your credit reports, you can now receive 3 free credit reports each week for the next year.

Quote:
Experian, Equifax and TransUnion are now offering free credit reports to all Americans on a weekly basis for the next year so you can protect your financial health during hardships from the coronavirus.
Just fyi.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #8

Good info. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

My credit remains frozen after the Equifax breech and I didn't even sign up for free monitoring as I was offered.

I want nothing from proven incompetents.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ View Post
I have been trying for several weeks to get my free online report from experian but I get this message "Our online credit report service is temporarily unavailable while our system undergoes maintenance. Please try again later, or you may call 1 800 311 4769 to order your personal credit report to be delivered by U.S. Mail."
When I call the 899 #, I was on the phone for 35 minutes forced to list to their constant advertising so I gave up.

These companies make multi millions if not billions on our data but equifax had a MAJOR security breach and experian can't provide an online or mailed report.
so far I've never had a problem ordering from annualcreditreport.com

"Phone:
Call 1-877-322-8228
You will go through a verification process over the phone.
Your credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days"

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/g...Reports.action
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
My credit remains frozen after the Equifax breech and I didn't even sign up for free monitoring as I was offered.

+1

Besides, they would probably send it to the wrong house
Old 04-24-2020, 06:44 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm bumping this one.

For those of you who might like to keep a close eye on your credit reports, you can now receive 3 free credit reports each week for the next year.

Just fyi.
IMO this should definitely be a new thread. The old thread was for a problem with one of the services, and anyone who hasn't had a problem or does no plan to get a credit report anytime soon will likely skip it over.

Your post is a total change to the "once a year" free credit report and may interest a lot of people. And it has nothing to do with a problem getting a credit report.

Please consider starting a new thread.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
IMO this should definitely be a new thread. The old thread was for a problem with one of the services, and anyone who hasn't had a problem or does no plan to get a credit report anytime soon will likely skip it over.

Your post is a total change to the "once a year" free credit report and may interest a lot of people. And it has nothing to do with a problem getting a credit report.

Please consider starting a new thread.
If the moderators agree with you, maybe they can move these last posts. I thought it was just an interesting tidbit that some people might be interested in.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post

Yep. Freeze it and forget it. Other than insurance premium ratings I have no use for the credit rating system.