What's your planning horizon?

I tend to just use 30 years every time I run FireCalc no matter what my age is. As long as I get close to 100%, I feel pretty confident along with a tinge of anxiety.:blush:
But, but, I understand that you are already in your 80's :dance: ...

My plans says 1) We're both going to live forever and 2) The portfolio will never run short. Now, I know my plans are always "hit some miss some", so I figure if I get half right we'll be fine.

In the meantime I try to plan the finances for the next 5 years. Beyond that there's just too much than can happen.

My planning goes out until I am 86 on the detailed spreadsheet. At that point DW will be only 62 and the plan leaves her in good shape for the rest of her lifetime. I f I exceed age 86, even better.

All of my grandparents and mother died in their early 70's. My father turns 82 in a few weeks. He was telling me that he has to get cataract surgery because of the glare when he drives at night. I attribute his longevity to his life-long w*rk avoidance. I shifted to that plan earlier this year so maybe I can get some benefit from not w*rking.:)

I hope my longevity is closer to his than the others!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom