What's your weighted expense ratio?

photoguy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just curious to see if folks know what their overall expense ratio is for their portfolio. Last time I checked, I was at 0.237% ER for everything (cash 14%, bonds 9%, & stocks 77%).

Lowest fund were at 0.07% for vbtix / vfiax. Highest expense ratio was for brsix (bridgeway ultra small cap) at a whopping 0.75% followed by various international funds (EFV, IFSM, SCV, VSS) all ranging from 0.3 to 0.4%.

Currently 0.53 for DW/my combined portfolio's.

Highest is Ariel Appreciation (CAAPX) at 1.18.
Lowest is Fidelity Spartan 500 Index (FUSEX) at 0.10.

While low cost (credo of VG) matter, it's the total return after expenses that matter to us :cool: ...

And yes, we do have substantial VG holdings; however they don't carry the highest nor lowest "cost" in our portfolio, for what we have targeted overall.

My wife has a 401(k) where the average expense ratio is about 2.5%. Her 401(k) drags our total average expense ratio up to 0.35%.

.51% with Vanguard but if I put in my CD's it would be a lot less.

Don't remember exactly but is in the .19% to .24% range. Most of my holdings are index funds and a managed fund in my 401k.

My wife has a 401(k) where the average expense ratio is about 2.5%. Her 401(k) drags our total average expense ratio up to 0.35%.

Wow, 2.5% seems outrageous. Has she or her fellow employees had any discussions with HR about more reasonable investment options?

That would require work (and yes.... I spelled it out :LOL:)

I really do not care what my overall expense ratio is... I buy funds etc. with this as one of my criteria, so I do not ignore it.... just have never worried what the total comes to...

BTW, I would estimate it at between .25 and .30... Vanguard estimate is .22, but I think it is low..

0.26% without MM.

0.26% without MM.

After I started tracking expense ratios, I was quite surprised to find that my money market was (VMMXX) was at 0.23% -- worse than an FDIC bank account (and currently paying less interest too).

.14 weighted average here.

Largely helped by Vanguard TSM Admiral (VTSAX) at .07, and a decent chunk of bond funds in the .11-.15 range. A few active funds in the .6-.8 range, nothing over .85 (AEPGX)

OK, I'll fess up. I use mostly active managers and diversify into things like foreign small-cap value and growth. Per M* my average is 1.20, which is at least slightly less than average for a similarly weighted portfolio. I do benchmark versus index funds, and prefer my performance so far.

Mine is about 0.24% including everything. The highest is PCRDX at 1.24%, and the lowest VTSAX at 0.06%

For mutual funds that quote a ratio, 0.12%.

We've also got money in fixed interest accounts.

.09% weighted average here - down from 1.9% last August.

Dramatic drop was due to ditching Ameriprise, moving all after tax to Vanguard Index Admiral funds, moving DHs 401k into a single bond index fund at .06% and my company moving 401k custodian from JPMorgan to Fidelity in January.

I constantly get warnings from DH's account that he is at risk due to lack of diversity....very amusing since our portfolio is right at the 60/40 we want.

I constantly get warnings from DH's account that he is at risk due to lack of diversity....very amusing since our portfolio is right at the 60/40 we want.
Don't confuse AA target/actual holdings with diversity. There is a difference :rolleyes: ...

Average Mutual Fund Expense Ratio (%) 0.10 (M* xray)

I'm not sure exactly, but my highest expense ratio is VFINX at 18 bp, a few more at 7 bp, and then some in the money options at 0 bp.

2Cor521

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom