When it Rains it Pours

UncleMick,

I too am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is as if this topic was started especially for you. I don't have anything new to add, but I just couldn't let it go without telling you that I'm thinking of you. Please take care of yourself.

UncleMick,

I am so sorry about your daughter. What a shock that must have been for you. Grief compounds with each new death we experience and despite your "tough guy" appearance grief is a major issue to cope with; especially when you have experienced so many losses in so short a time.

From one who has been there....one book that helped me the most was "The Grief Recovery Handbook" you can find it on Amazon or any other major book store. Read it...read it again and then do the exercises. Trust me on this one..it will help. I do a lot of discussion with others in grief and many have also found the book to be a help to them.

Again, I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Still have the grief recovery handbook and call line contacts from last november.

Will be out of pocket for a few days - I will be assisting her son/DIL as to all the arrangements.

The out of towners will be staying here as since remodeling - the extra space is here - also for the wake - even though she claimed she was "Coonass" not Irish.

No heh heh heh - this time. Thanks everyone.

My condolences, Uncle. You've had a hell of a time lately.

If you can stand a little joshing, maybe you should consider changing your handle. ;) If not, don't click on that link and consider yourself hugged.

My condolences too Unclemick. Life has not been kind to you and your family. I sincerely hope you will be ok.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss UM.  Not really what else to say.

I have to agree with the others, please make sure you take care of yourself.

Unclemick, my heart goes out to you....
I don't know what to say, but I couldn't say nothing at all.
My sincere condolences to you and your family.....
There has been so much already, but you will weather this
storm as well, and come out on the other side...
Then we will see the "heh heh" again....

-Pan-

Uncle Mick,

Please add my voice to the e-r.org choir... My condolences... :'(

HFWR

Uncle Mick, I couldn't quite believe what I was reading. I am so sorry, like everyone here.

Hang in there as best you can, and reach out for hands-on help

Mikey

Uncle Mick. I'm so sorry for your loss once again.

All I can say, with all that has happened to you recently, you are a rock.

Take care of yourself.

Yes, my best wishes as well. Please take care of yourself.

Unclemick,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your pluck and resolve in overcoming everthing you've faced is amazing. You've got a lot of friends here.

Very sorry for the losses you've experienced mick. Do make sure you talk it out with people and keep your friends close.

Allrighty - let's wrap this less than cheery thread up.

1. Missouri people are nice - more than enough food and visits from the neighbors showed up - even with ten people in the house - we couldn't eat it all.

2. I wore the suit(one and only) and she was viewed in the dress purchased for my nephew's wedding in July.

3. 25 or so for the funeral service. Her brother is on his way back right now with a small portion of ashes to be scattered in Lake Ponchartrain near Salt Bayou(aka Slidell).

Surprised a grumpy old introverted INTJ type like myself.

heh heh heh - on another thread later I'll be asking some dumb questions about 529 or similar plans for somebody's grandkids not  legally related(ie me and the late SO were not married). Although step daughter in spare room was on SS disability - apparently it turns out I am the beneficiary of a very modest insurance policy - and I know what she was thinking about her son's level of knowledge/fiscal discipline - great guy but not an ER type.

UncleMick, My condolences to you. Bummer, man.

Keep you chin up. Best wishes......

Uncle Mick - Your ability to "heh heh" in the face of so much adversity is an inspiration to me. I hope that the adversity is over, and you can face well-deserved some ER rest and relaxation now.

Back
Top Bottom