Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I still can’t find it.
Despite Fido being “better” overall, Vanguard website’s simple balances over time page including deposits and withdrawals has Fido beat.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
I still can’t find it.
Despite Fido being “better” overall, Vanguard website’s simple balances over time page including deposits and withdrawals has Fido beat.
Fido has this feature as well. You can even set it up as a chart right on the summary page, but based on some of posts in this thread, some may even have a problem figuring that one out as well.

COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Fido has this feature as well. You can even set it up as a chart right on the summary page, but based on some of posts in this thread, some may even have a problem figuring that one out as well.
Yeah. I guess I'm just not that bright. Very confusing with all the cheeseheads here, too. The Fido balance over time chart is nothing like Vanguards, at least not the one I can find.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #44
Full time employment: Posting here.

From my account I can see the Performance tab either from 'ALL ACCOUNTS' or 'MANAGED' account. It is not available for IRA's that are not managed or on an individual basis.
skipro33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro33 View Post
From my account I can see the Performance tab either from 'ALL ACCOUNTS' or 'MANAGED' account. It is not available for IRA's that are not managed or on an individual basis.
Don't think this is true. I have no managed accounts and we have multiple individual IRA's that get wrapped into the performance calculation.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Don't think this is true. I have no managed accounts and we have multiple individual IRA's that get wrapped into the performance calculation.

That's what I meant by ALL accounts. Are you able to view Performance on individual IRA's that are not managed accounts? Every time I view one individual IRA that is not managed, (I have 4) the view automatically switches to a combo of all of them when I hit the Performance tab.
So I can not view one specific IRA that is not managed with the Performance tab.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #47

Quote:
That's what I meant by ALL accounts. Are you able to view Performance on individual IRA's that are not managed accounts? Every time I view one individual IRA that is not managed, (I have 4) the view automatically switches to a combo of all of them when I hit the Performance tab.
So I can not view one specific IRA that is not managed with the Performance tab.
I can see performance as an aggregate of all accounts or down to the individual account level. Fido presents it both ways.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #48

Quote:
I can see performance as an aggregate of all accounts or down to the individual account level. Fido presents it both ways.
+1 same for me.
Does it have to do with Private Client status?
Old 12-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
+1 same for me.
Does it have to do with Private Client status?
I help my sister with her Fido account. She is nowhere near Private Client status and is not an active trader, but she has all the performance page features that others can’t seem to find. So account size has nothing to do with it.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I help my sister with her Fido account. She is nowhere near Private Client status and is not an active trader, but she has all the performance page features that others can’t seem to find. So account size has nothing to do with it.
If you were to post a screen grab of where this Performance Tab is located it would be most helpful.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

Why not just call or chat with Fido? It’s apparently important to you.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs Laptop View Post
If you were to post a screen grab of where this Performance Tab is located it would be most helpful.
This site doesn’t support a non hosted image. Sorry.

I land on my summary page, hit the “more” tab, then the “performance” link and there it is.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
This site doesn’t support a non hosted image. Sorry.
Sure it does. I uploaded an image in post #7 of this thread.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Sure it does. I uploaded an image in post #7 of this thread.
It asks for a URL when I try and post. How do I post from an iPad?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 AM   #55

Quote:

You are right. I didn't realize I had to first look at the Performance Tab under 'All Accounts', then choose which IRA account I wanted to pull out individually on the new page.

But to be clear; I can only 'see' the Performance tab from 'All Accounts' under 'Portfolio'.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #56

Quote:
You are right. I didn't realize I had to first look at the Performance Tab under 'All Accounts', then choose which IRA account I wanted to pull out individually on the new page.

But to be clear; I can only 'see' the Performance tab from 'All Accounts' under 'Portfolio'.
I have one Performance page. It starts with showing YTD, 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr and since inception returns on each individual account. It then shows all of them in total. It goes on to graph the results and finally it allows me to compare those results with market indexes or specific asset allocations showing various levels of equities.
I only choose the performance page. I have nothing left to select after that. It shows it all on one page.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #57
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
It asks for a URL when I try and post. How do I post from an iPad?
I guess it depends if you are using a web browser or the TapaTalk app.

If you are using a web broswer you would click on the paperclip icon ("manage attachments"), click on Choose File, navigate to find the file, and click on Upload to upload the file to your EarlyRetirement account.

When I uploaded my image for this thread I did a screen grab, edited out the actual dollar amounts and saved the file to my computer. Then I went through the process of clicking on the paperclip icon, finding the file, uploading it, etc.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #58

Quote:
I guess it depends if you are using a web browser or the TapaTalk app.

If you are using a web broswer you would click on the paperclip icon ("manage attachments"), click on Choose File, navigate to find the file, and click on Upload to upload the file to your EarlyRetirement account.

When I uploaded my image for this thread I did a screen grab, edited out the actual dollar amounts and saved the file to my computer. Then I went through the process of clicking on the paperclip icon, finding the file, uploading it, etc.
Ah, that's the secret. I was clicking on the insert image icon. Let me do a screen capture and post it shortly. Thank you for the help.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #59

Screen shot of what I see after clicking on “more” tab. Performance link is in upper left corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5990531B-939E-4932-A034-36CE3318449C.jpg (278.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #60
Recycles dryer sheets

Just got off the phone with Fidelity regarding this issue. I do not have access to this feature. According to the helpful Fidelity rep some people have this feature because they have a longer relationship with Fidelity (I've only been with them since Feb. 2018), they have more assets, or Fidelity invited them to try this other account feature set. Or some combination of these factors.

At some point in the future I may get an invite, but for now, I don't have this feature. I suspect the other people in this thread that aren't seeing the "More" tab are in the same boat as I am.