Where did Penfed's promo CD's go?

hogtied

Recycles dryer sheets
Just tried to log-on to Penfed's website to see how much money was left to fund their promotional CD rates / reservation. Can no longer fine that webpage. I was on it a few days ago. Did they exhaust the $240 million that they were looking for? I've reserved 5% CD's in the last 2 weeks.

Still there I just clicked in and reviewed it. Click on your options for current cd and it is on that screen.

I can't find such an offer anywhere - including Certificate Options. Does your certificate have to be within X months of renewal?

Amethyst

It does not show up on my account today, and it did a few days ago,so I'm wondering if they pulled it early like they did the off a year ago.

Yep, I can't see the offer anymore either... As of Friday, 12:14 pm, they still had 177M+ available.

The promo is still there; I actually put in a request this morning.

If you have an existing CD, even if it's not maturing, sign on, on the main menu page, right side under "I Want to ..." click on "more" to get to "other services". then under "account services" click on "Certificate Options", then you should see
Promotions / Certificate Reservation" in the upper right.

Hope this helps!

If you have an existing CD, even if it's not maturing, sign on, on the main menu page, right side under "I Want to ..." click on "more" to get to "other services". then under "account services" click on "Certificate Options", then you should see

Hope this helps!

I did exactly what you said again, and there are 3 promo's, but not the Cert. reservation one. My CD matures in January, 2011 , so maybe they did something so only folks with CD's coming due in Oct see the link.

OK, I finally figured out how to get there! I clicked on one of my previous reserved CD's and there it was. Penfed is still looking for $171 million.

I did exactly what you said again, and there are 3 promo's, but not the Cert. reservation one. My CD matures in January, 2011 , so maybe they did something so only folks with CD's coming due in Oct see the link.

I have 2 CD's with Pen Fed and they don't expire for over a year. I was able to see the promotion and lock in one for January. They sent me a reservation via Email for the date I picked. You have to have the money in the account 2 days before the CD starts.

I don't even get any promotions. All I see is "Certificate Maturity." My CD matures in Oct 2011. Think I'll call them tomorrow, to ask why I seem to be chopped liver compared to other members...

Amethyst

Hope this helps!

I haven't reserved yet, but I know we will be doing something for 10 years. For those of you who have already reserved, can you make more than one reservation, like if I want to have multiple smaller CDs rather than all in one? Or is this for one reservation only and you have to do it all in one cd?

We are thinking of doing a CD in a Roth IRA for each of us.

You can reserve as many as you want. I currently have 2 reserved for myself and 4 for my Dad.

I haven't reserved yet, but I know we will be doing something for 10 years. For those of you who have already reserved, can you make more than one reservation, like if I want to have multiple smaller CDs rather than all in one? Or is this for one reservation only and you have to do it all in one cd?

We are thinking of doing a CD in a Roth IRA for each of us.

I had four CD's maturing and I made four reservations. Each time I went through the reservation process it let me pick the details, or I think I could have combined the four into one.

Grrr...

I tried to reserve certificates as Roth IRAs and it gave me a warning that I don't have the correct type of account and that I need to call in. My current certificates are regular, not IRAs. The PenFed person told me that I cannot reserve new certificates as IRAs unless the maturing ones are already IRAs.

So I went ahead and reserved as regular certificates. Might be smart to open an IRA account anyways for another time when they have another promotion rate going.

Also, on the phone she told me that you could only reserve the amount that you currently have maturing but it let me reserve much more than that.

Every time I called a got a different story from the Rep.

Brewer was right, just go on line and reserve the CD, get the email conformation, and you're done. 2 Rep's said no way do I qualify.

I am a little confused, I guess. I called yesterday, and the representative told me the promotion was for only cd's maturing this October. I have a CD that matures mid 2012.

Is this promotion only to rollover your existing CD? Can you open any additional CD's in January.

Rep did say they would have a new promotion some time in Jan., but it would be predicated on rates come Jan.

Did you folks who were able to reserve them on line for Jan have CD's maturing around that time, or did any of you have them further out like mine?

I have CD's at Penfed but my earliest maturing CD is in 2014. I could not find any link for the promotional CD's when I logged on to the Penfed website.

I am a little confused, I guess. I called yesterday, and the representative told me the promotion was for only cd's maturing this October. I have a CD that matures mid 2012.

Is this promotion only to rollover your existing CD? Can you open any additional CD's in January.

Rep did say they would have a new promotion some time in Jan., but it would be predicated on rates come Jan.

Did you folks who were able to reserve them on line for Jan have CD's maturing around that time, or did any of you have them further out like mine?

I have the exact situation as you. Maturing in 2012. I went online and followed the steps shown earlier in this thread and made a reservation for an amount close to what I already have with PF. I got a confirm that I was good to go. I will transfer money to my checking account at PF a few days before the first of January. This is the acct I told them that the new cd's would be funded from.

My guess this offer was suppose to be for maturing cd's this year, but they had/have a hole in their website allowing for many of us to make reservations with new money. Not sure if they have plugged the hole or not. :-\

I have a CD maturing in Oct 2011. I don't get the option to reserve certificates.I see only 2 options: "Maturity" and "Dividends."

Weird that Dawg would see the option to reserve and I don't.

Amethyst

Read the first part of this thread, follow what was said and you may see it.

Grrr...

I tried to reserve certificates as Roth IRAs and it gave me a warning that I don't have the correct type of account and that I need to call in. My current certificates are regular, not IRAs. The PenFed person told me that I cannot reserve new certificates as IRAs unless the maturing ones are already IRAs.

So I went ahead and reserved as regular certificates. Might be smart to open an IRA account anyways for another time when they have another promotion rate going.

Also, on the phone she told me that you could only reserve the amount that you currently have maturing but it let me reserve much more than that.

My CD's that mature in October are non-IRA, but the reservation I made was for IRA-CD's. I DONT recall an option for Roth, however.

WOW...penfed did a good job making the offer difficult to find. I noticed that I can click on ANY CD of with ANY maturity and navigate to to the offer.

-Look for the "+" in a box next to the certificate
-Click the "+" and it will expand to show two columns with additional info
-The lright column has an item called "certificate options"
-Click "Certificate Options" and it takes you to a page that describes details such as
what to do with the proceeds at maturity, etc.
-On the certificat options page there is a blue and orange box on the right side of the page with the reservation offer.

Good luck!

My CD's that mature in October are non-IRA, but the reservation I made was for IRA-CD's. I DONT recall an option for Roth, however.

Do you already have an IRA Share account at PenFed? Maybe that's why you have that option. They told me that I'd have to open an IRA Share account which involves sending in the application by mail from the .pdf form on the site. Only $25 is needed to open one.

Back
Top Bottom