Where the Heck Are The Bears?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Come on! Greg, Donner, Blitzen-- gold has gone through 17 year highs, the large stock indices are all acting badly, Greenspan is standing on his smoking brakes, crude oil, natural gas and refined products are sky high, Wal-Mart has gone down for 5 years, and now it looks like maybe Jehovah hates GW, his former main man. Why else would he send Rita so soon after Katie stomped her stilettos into GW’s back?

Come on guys; let's have some long dark essays to keep me satisfied.  :)

Haha

HaHa said:
Come on! Greg, Donner, Blitzen-- gold has gone through 17 year highs, the large stock indices are all acting badly, Greenspan is standing on his smoking brakes, crude oil, natural gas and refined products are sky high, Wal-Mart has gone down for 5 years, and now it looks like maybe Jehovah hates GW, his former main man. Why else would he send Rita so soon after Katie stomped her stilettos into GW’s back?

Come on guys; let's have some long dark essays to keep me satisfied.  :)

Haha

How about a short one? The world is going to hell and there is not
a damn thing you can do about it.

JG

HaHa said:
Come on guys; let's have some long dark essays to keep me satisfied.  :) Haha
Yeah, thanks a lot, Mikey. Soliciting behavior like that will get you a moderator offer...

Our retirement portfolio is less than 2% off its all-time high and our home equity is setting new highs every month. Even with a couple hurricanes off the coast it's hard to get worried until things drop another 38% or so...

OK, here's a couple of dark spots. Property taxes are nearly three times as high as our annual spending on gasoline.

Hey, Laurence, get this. Friends of ours are getting ready to sell their San Diego home-- just off Rosecrans near the old NTC-- and move here to buy "cheaper" real estate in Aiea Heights or Kailua. Talk about your equity bandits!

Nords said:
Yeah, thanks a lot, Mikey. Soliciting behavior like that will get you a moderator offer...

Our retirement portfolio is less than 2% off its all-time high and our home equity is setting new highs every month. Even with a couple hurricanes off the coast it's hard to get worried until things drop another 38% or so...

OK, here's a couple of dark spots. Property taxes are nearly three times as high as our annual spending on gasoline.

Hey, Laurence, get this. Friends of ours are getting ready to sell their San Diego home-- just off Rosecrans near the old NTC-- and move here to buy "cheaper" real estate in Aiea Heights or Kailua. Talk about your equity bandits!

Grrr! Alas, I am trapped here by the need to work. Oh, I should update an old thread....

HaHa said:

Come on guys; let's have some long dark essays to keep me satisfied. :)

Haha

Greg turned 53 today and I made the mistake of telling him that 53 is a meaningless birthday. He's sulking watching tv right now. He tells me to tell you he is buying more RYDEX funds this week or early next week, and will be back when the DOW hits 8000 so he can said "told ya so."

The market usually goes down in Sept/Oct. Nothing new under the sun.

Sorry haha, portfolio's still approximately 94% stock. I'm unphased.

moghopper said:
Same for Anniversaries?

We got married after living together for a number of years. Some how we have forgotten exactly what day is our anniversary. That amuses us enough not to look it up. Ergo, no celebrations.

You can count me in as a bear now, too. I shorted my very first stock yesterday, have sold off almost all of my equities that are expensive and sensitive to consumer spending, and have started buying puts on selected companies taht will get badly hurt in an economic downdraft. I think the economy is basically healthy, but I really do not think that current asset prices reflect what a doubling of gasoline, electricity, and heating costs will do to consumer spending as we enter the crucial holiday season.

HaHa said:
Come on! Greg, Donner, Blitzen

I'm sad to report that Donner has been abducted by the Plunge Protection Team. The good news is that he really enjoyed the ride in the black helicopter.

Martha said:
We got married after living together for a number of years.   Some how we have forgotten exactly what day is our anniversary.  That amuses us enough not to look it up.  Ergo, no celebrations.
We were hitchhiking across North America one summer and stopped long enough to get married. We know the day is either the 15th or 16th of June. Rather than look it up, we celebrate for two days. :D :D

Where the Heck Are The Bears?

Why it's bear season here in MI, they tend to keep a low profile for a few weeks. Shooting at them causes them to get skittish for some odd reason......Shredder

Back
Top Bottom