who pays the highest money market returns ?

Emigrant Direct has a liquid savings account that is hooked up to your current 2 bank accounts in order to transfer funds to and from.
The rate is 3.25%

Everbank has a checking account that pays 3.5% for the first 3 months then the rate decreases.

Both are pretty good.

I'm with USAA money market. The times ive seen them compared, they're usually very near the top, I presume primarily because their expense ratio is one of the lowest.

is there fee's associated with one vs another,making one an overall better deal?

i want to use it as a checking savings account vs. using my current bank with direct deposit

Zuki, I have a regular checking account with a Credit union and then have that account linked with my MM at Emigrant Direct. Emigrant Direct does not have checks to write, you transfer money in and out of it from you regular checking account.

Most MM have limits on the number of checks you can write a month and some limit the dollar amount to be a minimum of 250.00 or more.

i want to use it to pay only the things i cannot pay by credit card.

and then pay the balance due on the credit card monthly before it costs interest.

only a few checks total.

I used to check bankrate.com all the time. I found with
a little looking that I could match their "best rates"
almost every time and stay local.

JG

I agree with you on that, John. But bankrate is at least a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom