Will obgyn65 meet his goal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no one here offering themselves up for adoption to help Obgyn meet his goal?:D

That said, jesting aside, to have a real adopted child in your life is something to be cherished, but that reward has nothing to do with annual spend!

Do you belong to a church? If so, ask the local clergy if there is a family that always tries hard to do the right thing but can never seem to catch a break. I have helped such people in the past and it is always more rewarding to me than mailing a check to a charity. If not a church, I'm sure there are other places to come up with deserving beneficiaries.

I'm hoping he's not posting right now because he's eating a caviar laden omelette.

Take up gambling.

Try out some addictive drugs.

Move to some high cost of living place, like London.

I have failed to meet my goal in January. $2,500 spent only. Will do better next month.

Does that include your quarterly estimated income taxes? I had to pay mine in January. I only spent $1700 otherwise in January, but I have some dreams and plans to spend a few thousand more in a few weeks. It is very difficult to arrange deliveries in New Orleans as we get closer to Mardi Gras because of the parades.

Maybe you can get Amazon Prime ($75), which gives you free two day shipping and some other advantages. Then browse on Amazon, and dream about what life and conveniences you might want as you grow older each year. And most of all, remember that to remain psychologically healthy, probably you should be kind not only to others, but also to yourself.

Last edited:
Trying the "multi quote" for the first time... I agree to adopt a child would be wonderful. I need to convince my girlfriend though.
That said, jesting aside, to have a real adopted child in your life is something to be cherished, but that reward has nothing to do with annual spend!

No, but I already support a couple of free clinics in the US.
Do you belong to a church?

At the time when you posted this, rodi, I was actually at work. I would have preferred to have an omelette though...
I'm hoping he's not posting right now because he's eating a caviar laden omelette.

Can't do drugs. Gambling is not my thing. Already lived in the UK for a while.
Take up gambling.

Try out some addictive drugs.

Move to some high cost of living place, like London.

No, but it includes about $300-$500 donations.
Does that include your quarterly estimated income taxes?

You want to post your replies below the quoted text.

On a more serious note, you could treat yourself more to things like champagne (the real stuff) and gourmet foods.

Other sybaritic pleasures to be had, things like massages, a nicer car, Swiss watches.

Note that I wouldn't spend on these kinds of things myself but they certainly would eat up chunks of money.

Obgyn, do you actually eat? :)
Perhaps you don't own a car. If not, buy one. You deserve a nice Lexus.

Look deep..you will spend more money..you will spend more money..spend more money...spend more money

sFun_hypnotize.gif

If the girlfriend is still in the picture, remember Valentine's Day is coming up. And girls just love jewelry. :LOL:

If you give jewelry for Valentine's day & it is not THE RING make sure the jewelry is in a big box even if it's earrings . Trust me on this !:)

I think with all our "help" he will be reporting back in a few months that he is overspending! :D

I just bought online a nice silver pendant and will take her for a trip to Europe.

I just bought online a nice silver pendant and will take her for a trip to Europe.

Wonderful!! I hope you both have a wonderful time in Europe. I am sure she will love the pendant. What a nice present. :)

Attaboy! See, that wasn't so difficult, was it? I hope you will both have a wonderful time.

Oby - I'd like to second (or third) the advice on the jewelry, but go against Meadbh's advice on the Lexus - get a Ford F150 instead

Well she LOVED the pendant I bought for her. All silver and precious gems.

Also I am buying my air ticket to go back to Central America in April to run a medical clinic there. I will also buy meds and send kids' clothes and shoes. Therefore, I will be over $4,000 for the month, including real estate taxes. Making progress towards my goal :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you are making progress toward your goal. It sounds like you will be making a lot of people happy!

Let's see. He is a doctor who makes a much higher than average income. He has no children to spend money on. He has no spouse to be accountable to. He is a master of LBYM.

I would say he is well positioned to make his goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom