Would it be appropriate to.....

dadoftwo

Dryer sheet wannabe
Post my current financial situation and then seek advice on what tweaks or moves should be made, if any? Funny thing is I just sort of muddle through and for all I know, I could be making a big mistake somewhere.

Hi Dad,
If you post on the Bogleheads forum (braumeister's link above), be sure to follow Laura's tips in the Asking Questions section.

People do this all the time on the bogleheads site, but I think one should read there for a few weeks first, so that they see what others do when they post a "Please pimp my portfolio" discussion. It will make their own post better and more informed.

Absolutely appropriate but use caution. Some advices may not be right for you.

( ... something I came to frown upon are the ones with "I've got $5M & $60k annual expense, can I retire?" The answer is resounding yes and I question if the OP's true intent is to boast/get pad on his/her back or to seek real advice, especially, after lurking in the forum for awhile :angel: )

Last edited:
Only if you trust strangers.

...Who on this site seem to provide better advice and input than professionals and close family and friends IMO. I was initially surprised to see people posting up their financial data on a public forum. My upbringing led me to feel that this is a private matter always. Now I believe that there is a real psychological benefit of sharing such sensitive info with other like minded people who aren't judgmental.

Fire away!

Back
Top Bottom