Would you call me FIRE'd after I do this?

They collected my cell phone, which had all my appointments in it..so I have about 20 phone calls to make this week to find out when my haircut is, dentist appt, furnace maintenance guy is coming, and so on.
I'll try to post occasionally over the next couple months as to my mental state...I think it will improve quite a bit...especially once I get settled in my new role.

Bummer on your cell phone info. Is there a "sticky" post on the forum with "things to do before your last day at w*rk"? I was fortunate that a friend who FIREd a couple of years earlier sent me a very comprehensive list of things to do (and not to do) which included making sure I had all my personal information from cell phone and computer in my possession before I gave notice (in case they decided to have me leave immediately upon tendering notice).

Best wishes for a smooth transition into "Life 2.0"! Keep us posted!

Bummer on your cell phone info. Is there a "sticky" post on the forum with "things to do before your last day at w*rk"? I was fortunate that a friend who FIREd a couple of years earlier sent me a very comprehensive list of things to do (and not to do) which included making sure I had all my personal information from cell phone and computer in my possession before I gave notice (in case they decided to have me leave immediately upon tendering notice).

Best wishes for a smooth transition into "Life 2.0"! Keep us posted!

Great idea for a sticky in the FAQs ! MBAustin - perhaps you can start a new thread called "Do this before you give notice" using the list you got from your friend. Other can then add to it and later we can ask that it be a sticky.

AWESOME!!!! So happy for you :)
You will not regret this move at all!

Back
Top Bottom