Would You Invest in the Bambino's NYY shirt?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I wonder how many here would bid on the Babe's game-worn shirt or hat? If not, how high would you go if the price was not north of $4M?

Babe Ruth Sets More Records As Jersey Sells For $4.4M

| Print |

May 22, 2012 (Bloomberg News) Babe Ruth holds two more records as a shirt and a cap he wore in baseball games sold for almost $5 million.

A New York Yankees jersey, the earliest known one to have been worn by Ruth in a game, fetched $4.42 million at auction on Sunday, a record for an item of sports memorabilia. A cap worn by him during the early 1930s commanded a winning bid of $537,278.

“This proves again that Babe Ruth is king in the sports memorabilia world,” SCP Auctions President David Kohler said in a news release from the company yesterday.

Babe Ruth Sets More Records As Jersey Sells For $4.4M

Could never do this. I'd be to worried the music would stop and I'd be left holding the bag... well shirt in this case.

I don't think your going to find many takers on this forum.

$4 million for somebody's old sweaty shirt and hat?

Um, no.

+1

Not unless I could sell it for a lot more right away, and I'd have to be pretty doggone sure that I could.

If part of the (imaginary) deal was that I would have to keep it, I wouldn't give you ten cents for it.

Back
Top Bottom