Wow - DOW 10,000 again

audreyh1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Folks on CNBC have to go dig out their DOW 10,000 hats again. We have crossed under!

Those hats were first worn in 1999!

And the VIX is now above 50!

Audrey

One thing about rebalancing - I don't think one has to be in a hurry.......

Where are all the tinfoil hats and caches of ammo jokes that were so common over here in this forum?

Hold on to your panties, cause the long ride downwards is only beginning. :bat:

Pretty exciting - you posted twice and i got so caught up i posted in the wrong thread! It's just a number like any other, but like new years or Y2K my honey and i celebrated the moment - gotta go exercise, so no champagne... was fun watching it flirt with the 10k mark.

Yeah, it's just a number, but it's interesting (and slightly scary) to see historically how much trouble the Dow had in holding 100 and in holding 1000 -- looks like it's having trouble holding 10,000 too...

I rebalanced in my TSP on Thursday, I'm hoping the transaction doesn't go through till today. I'm going to slowly move my allocation from 60% stocks to 70%.

This is pretty incredible.

Dirty market timers might say it's about time to go all in. Me? I'm just learning how to type while curled in the fetal position, sucking my thumb.:eek:

I think we are going to break some records today. This is pretty amazing.

Where are all the tinfoil hats and caches of ammo jokes that were so common over here in this forum?

Hold on to your panties, cause the long ride downwards is only beginning. :bat:

No Jokes, but I did keep my cache of ammo.

I think we are going to break some records today. This is pretty amazing.
In terms of Dow points? Possible. In terms of percentage, doubtful.

Just imagine -- you could be me, with loud voices in my head telling me to cash out last Halloween, only to ignore them, "lose" (on paper) a quarter of my retirement and probably set it back five years...

In terms of Dow points? Possible. In terms of percentage, doubtful.

Just imagine -- you could be me, with loud voices in my head telling me to cash out last Halloween, only to ignore them, "lose" (on paper) a quarter of my retirement and probably set it back five years...

Ouch, that has to burn. What is your stock to bond ratio?

Looks like the S&P 500 might get blow 1000 soon too:eek:

My question is whose selling all these stocks and whose buying:confused:

Can you imagine how bad the Great Depression would have been if they had CNBC?

I wonder how Shirley Temple would look in high def and color? Now that would have picked up our spirits.

Right?

heh heh heh - :cool: I think I'm headed for that -16.5% down I experienced one quarter toward the end of the last little dip in 2002.

I think I'll curl my hair and take up tap dancing.

Hmmm - nah! - just watch more football.

Looks like the S&P 500 might get blow 1000 soon too:eek:

My question is whose selling all these stocks and whose buying:confused:
I suspect it's mostly hedge funds bailing. Buyers are on strike - that's the problem!

Audrey

Every stock thats sold is being bought by somebody right:confused:

I rebalanced in my TSP on Thursday, I'm hoping the transaction doesn't go through till today. I'm going to slowly move my allocation from 60% stocks to 70%.
Heh I finally gave in over the weekend and moved the extra cash that had built up in my money market into stocks, plus upped the monthly twice automatic transfer. My transaction should go today too.

Every stock thats sold is being bought by somebody right:confused:
In the case of forced selling, the stock price just keeps dropping until it finally attracts a buyer.

Realize that this brutal selloff is occurring on very low volume. Most of the usual market players are just waiting on the sidelines. The only ones trading are forced sellers and reluctant buyers.

Audrey

Dirty market timers might say it's about time to go all in. Me? I'm just learning how to type while curled in the fetal position, sucking my thumb.:eek:

there's another position for even worse *gulp* market condition........bending over :(

I still don't get how you can sell something if no one is buying:confused:?

Back
Top Bottom