You know you are FIREd when ?

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You don't know what day it is or what the stock market does.

What say you ?

Last edited:
When you experience "napping" on a daily basis...

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

When you don't experience napping on a daily basis. (all my working life I used to nap all the time but that all stopped within a few weeks of retiring).

When you can't wait for Monday to roll around.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

when my life is filled with joy and every day I thank God for FIRE with my wonderful wife!

It really does not matter what day it is. So many times I reach for my phone to tell me what day it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

When you cringe to golf on the weekends because there are too many people on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

When the weekend comes as you say "I'll run my errands during the week to avoid the crowds".

Although I am approx. 6 mos out; to me FIRE'd is being able to do what you want and when you want to do it.

When the weekend comes as you say "I'll run my errands during the week to avoid the crowds".

This!!!

I'm still tied to an alarm clock because I have school age kids I need to get out of the house each morning... but doing errands, appointments, etc is now much less stressful now that I can do them based on low traffic/low crowds.

For me - the biggest thing to remind me I'm retired is my daily walk on the beach with the dog. Worth the 10 minute drive to start a day looking at waves, surfers, and chatting with the other early morning regulars at "my" beach. No way I would have justified the time for driving to the beach to walk the dog when I was working.

When - no dread from that 60 minutes clock on Sunday night.

When you experience "napping" on a daily basis...

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

Huh? Wha? (just woke up from a nice long nap.... ;) )

I'm finding "naps" can be habit forming. They remind me of the old Lays potato chips commercials. I can't seem to take just one. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm finding "naps" can be habit forming. They remind me of the old Lays potato chips commercials. I can't seem to take just one. :LOL:

After reading Alan's post above, I realized that I did take naps after work when I was working. But somehow a delayed nap is not the same! I love being able to nap the moment I feel like it, now that I am retired.

Add me to the naps and errands sentiments. I can take daily naps (ooh, it's nearly time for today's nap LOL!) and I find myself "waiting" 2 days to do errands once I hit Saturday because I abhor the crowds in the stores.

It really does not matter what day it is.

Around here it does matter. The grocery stores can't sell wine before 1:00 PM on Sundays. So sometimes I have to keep track of what day it is and what time.:D

...When you forget that you used to work.

I ran into the wife of a former coworker today at the grocery store. I asked her where her husband was. She said "work". I was somewhat stunned and then I remembered that some people work and don't get out during weekdays.

Back
Top Bottom