Your Personal FIRE Terminology / Acronyms??

PhrugalPhan

Recycles dryer sheets
So often on this site I read FIRE (we all know that one), OMY ("One More Year"), TMY ("Two More Year"), etc... and I thought it would be interesting to see if people have their own personal terminology they use with regard with FI and RE (especially terms you don't normally see here).

I'll start with my personal one. I'm not really FI yet, but if I had to leave my current job and wait until SS & pension kicked in, I would survive ok using my retirement savings until that time (along with subsidized health insurance). So I have gone from calling myself a wage slave and now refer to myself as a "wage whore" (my apologies to any PC police out there :angel:).

Anyone have interesting terms they use about FI / RE?

Can't post mine on this board :)

Critical Mass. It's been discussed before with nuances from physics majors criticizing it's true applicability, but for us in a personal financial sense, it's when your income sources produce an after tax stream that you are unable to fully spend. As in, you have more income than your lifelong LBYM lifestyle would consume comfortably. Hence the portfolio grows, and if you believe in the models, it will continue to do so to the considerable benefit of charity and one's heirs. As Martha would say, it's a good thing. But I still wring my hands occasionally! Much less often as time passes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom