$1,500 Trip

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife and I can't seem to find a nice, warm $1,500/person week long all-inclusive vacation spot in the carribbean, central or south america in June. Any ideas. Where do we find the best deals? The travel agents are all around the $2,500 mark/person and that's not all-inclusive.

Depending on where you live, try the applevacations website for their "ready to go" type specials.

Funjet also does packages.
Orbitz does last minute specials too.

Good luck. We know the need to get some sun in the winter!

Uncledrz

Any particular reason you want all-inclusive? I think your money can go a lot further and you vacation can be a lot more interesting if you skip the cheesy resorts.

All Inclusives are like going to camp, you never get a chance to really see the place.

We did Club Med, once, once too often.

You could do Cuba for $1,500, whoops, you guys can't do Cuba. :D

Howard said:
You could do Cuba for $1,500, whoops, you guys can't do Cuba. :D

The one good thing about being Canadian! ;)

(this is sarcasm)

A cruise could almost do it, depending on your proximity to a port. And if you don't mind calling the cheapest cabin on the boat "nice".

Does that $1500 include airfare to/from your destination for 2?

If you are including airfare, you're probably not going to find a great deal (Depending on where you're coming from of course). When I researched this it was always cheaper to do it separately.

The all inclusive "per person" never seems like a good deal to me, either - unless you really really drink a lot.

Have you looked at Cancun? There should be some deals there, although I don't know if they are still suffering from the last hurricanes.

We did Costa Rica (Guanacaste region) in December for a week for waay less than this.
We didn't do all inclusive, but IIRC all inclusive packages in major resorts were about $90 per person per day. Airline tickets from Atlanta to Liberia were around $350 per adult.
So you can definitely go below $1500 all inclusive.

Depending on where you fly from, Club Med has a boatload of destinations for under $1500. Looking at their web site I see a number of ~1200-1400 specials.

If you havent done club med...it basically doesnt matter which one you go to if all you want is sun, relaxation, decent food and plenty to do. I've been to a half dozen of them for that mid winter "get the hell out of this cold weather" jaunt.

Cute fuzzy bunny thinks "Jack Tar Village" needs a marketing person to think up a slightly more appealing name.

Cute fuzzy bunny liked Club Med except for the one time he took a potential Mrs CFB to one of the singles ones in martinique and they had booked 3000 single guys and about 9 single women, and CFB couldnt go to the mens room without 30 guys encircling his girlfriend in 1.2 seconds.

Definitely do-able. Went on a week-long cruise to Bermuda last September (outside cabin) for $600/person...about $1,000 with all costs (tips, etc.). Also, try Site59 for last minute deals.

Justin, that and not having George Bush as our Leader. ::)

Did I mention Universal Health Care(now that is sarcasm). :D

Careful Howie, dont give old Georgie any ideas.

After all, you guys could suddenly look like you might be hiding some WMD's up there. And if that might be the case, I think it'd be a pretty short time before GWB *was* your leader. Probably kiss that health care goodbye too.

Total sarcasm.

Dear Canada,

All your base are belong to us.

Now surrender and pledge allegiance to your new flag and your new dictater!

"G. W. Bush, putting the 'tater back in dictater since 2001"

My thoughts about all-inclusives:

The all inclusive "per person" never seems like a good deal to me, either - unless you really really drink a lot.

My wife went to a few “all inclusives” with her girl friends and I never understood why—until she finally convinced me to try one.  I thought it was great and the price was far cheaper than trying to do the same thing the “normal way”--eating in a different restaurant and drinking in different bars every day.

You did hit close to home on one thing, if you do drink a lot, then the all-inclusive is the way to go.  They don’t care if you order one drink, or ten—and there is no tipping in the restaurants or bars.

All Inclusives are like going to camp, you never get a chance to really see the place.

We actually saw a lot outside of the hotel. We rented a car for a couple of days in addition to using the local transportation to get around the area whenever we desired.  Some days we never left the resort, some days we did—it’s up to you.

Any particular reason you want all-inclusive?  I think your money can go a lot further and you vacation can be a lot more interesting if you skip the cheesy resorts.

In my youth I traveled a lot all over the world and stayed in some of the cheapest places imaginable, but now that I am retirement age, I prefer the luxury of a 5 star resort.  If I want to go native for a few hours I can, but then I retire to my deluxe hotel.

My point is, if you have tried the all-inclusives and don’t like them, that’s one thing; but if you have never tried them I suggest you at least give them a chance—you might be pleasantly surprised, like I was.

As far as the $1,500 all-inclusive vacation, have you tried Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelAxe, and Fun Jet? I don't normally use a travel agent now that you can usually do-it-yourself on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom