Join Early Retirement Today
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
I understand you have lost your desire to relocate after yesterday's news:

Spain's lottery hands out $3B to thousands of winners -
Not in the least! The Lottery hasnt deigned to reimburse to me the monney spent on it. Well, Im not a high roller! Lost no more than 30 euros.

I get by with a little help from my friends....ta ta ta ta ta...
vicente solano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
NY is a horrible place to retire. Taxes, blizzards, high cost of living, etc. Why am I here... grandbaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a panamax down by the river.
BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #63
Dryer sheet wannabe
California is a horrible place to be financially. yes, the weather is supposed to "make up for it", but at some point the sunshine only does so much to dampen the realization that I live in a highly taxed tax and that I can save much less here because of the high cost of living as well. that means we have to work much longer to save the same amount we could have saved had we lived elsewhere and therefore, retire later than we otherwise could retire.

Every time when I see the "worst" of anything list, I just expect California to be on that list and unfortunately I'm usually right I don't even bother looking at the list for CEO magazine's "worst state to do business" anymore. CA has been dead last 4 years running.

We're here because my spouse is employed here and has been with the same employer for 17 years. We're counting on his being able to retire with the company - he's in his early 40s. Since we're aiming for age-55 retirement for him - now is not the time to start looking at out of state opportunities in his (very narrow niche) field.

I feel like I have this uneasy "love/hate" relationship with the state of California. "Fortunately", I used to live in New York State, which according to some of the posts is its own planet so maybe that's why I'm semi-used to California being somewhat the same too.
jstriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by LuvSouth View Post
According to

Our Worst States to Retire List Topretirements

The following states are the worst 10 states for retirement:
IL, CA, NY, RI, NJ, OH, WI, MS, CN and NV

What do you think ? Agree or disagree ? Any comment ?
There is no CN, it's CT for Connecticut.

ikonomore is offline   Reply With Quote