Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbugdave View Post
Hey...Guess what?

I am finalized! I looked this morning on the OPM Services website, and it was done on the 12th. And I just got done adding my state tax withdrawal amount to the new link that was added...now that I am finalized. I can't believe they did it in about two months for FERS people. And my FERS suppliment has also been added and done! And it was $6 more than I had figured. I guess the sick leave added probably had the difference.

Life is Good!
Congratulations! It's very good that OPM is getting the retirements finalized sooner. Hopefully that backlog is getting smaller and smaller.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations Redbugdave, yes...life is good & kudos again to OPM.

@Kaufminder....enjoy your California trip!

Old 03-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Congratulations Redbugdave, yes...life is good & kudos again to OPM.

@Kaufminder....enjoy your California trip!
Congrats Redbugdave.

Thanks Cassie. Flying out Monday.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #84
Full time employment: Posting here.

Look what I got yesterday...the Fed God sent me a Retirement Bible!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ret Booklet 3-20-2014.JPG (183.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #85
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Look what I got yesterday...the Fed God sent me a Retirement Bible!
Most excellent! Congrats to you, still enjoying retirement? :-)
Old 03-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #86

Quote:
Most excellent! Congrats to you, still enjoying retirement? :-)
Yes, I am. No regrets whatsoever. I have a calendar that I keep to log upcoming events and reminders. Some days conflict and I have to reschedule. It's nice to be free and not have most of my days taken up with work. I have gotten a few emails from my friends at work asking directions on several tasks and helped them out. And a couple of my work friends want to take me out on a work trip and free lunch April 1st. So, they will sneak out of the office and we will have a work-doggle.

How about you? Are you adjusting? Any second thoughts? Opinions?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #87

Congrats, Dave! I'm planning to submit (again) my paperwork in the next few days.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #88
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

Yes, I am. No regrets whatsoever. I have a calendar that I keep to log upcoming events and reminders. Some days conflict and I have to reschedule. It's nice to be free and not have most of my days taken up with work. I have gotten a few emails from my friends at work asking directions on several tasks and helped them out. And a couple of my work friends want to take me out on a work trip and free lunch April 1st. So, they will sneak out of the office and we will have a work-doggle.

How about you? Are you adjusting? Any second thoughts? Opinions?
I am loving it! I've joined a Walking Group, so I get up early Tues & Thurs, however, it's worth it. I really like the freedom and being on my own time table. I make an annual trip to Las Vegas and this year I don't have to worry about "how much leave" I'll use. Enjoy your lunch April 1st!

@ Martyb...you're next :-)
Old 03-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #89

Thank you Cassie!

Marty...I noticed on the Class of 2014 thread you gave notice for July 3rd. You are CSRS? If so, that is a good time. Your first retirement check will be dated the first day of the next month since your retirement will begin on the 4th. So, you will get paid for July. Good deal! If you are FERS, you are better waiting till the last of the month.

Once you turn in your paperwork, you will start to feel free.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Congrats, Dave! I'm planning to submit (again) my paperwork in the next few days.
Hermit from Class of 2013 says Congratulations! Glad to hear you whipped that OMY virus.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #91

Hey...Get a look at Cliff's thread...Ha! Now I understand. Why drive a car when there's a mule in the field...

How your Federal Pension gets processed.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Hermit from Class of 2013 says Congratulations! Glad to hear you whipped that OMY virus.
Yeah, I guess OMY didn't hurt me too bad...only delayed me by less than 1 1/2 yrs. Now I have to figure out what I'm gonna do all day! Just kiddin', there are fish to catch, places to go & people to see!

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #93

Quote:
Hey...Get a look at Cliff's thread...Ha! Now I understand. Why drive a car when there's a mule in the field...

How your Federal Pension gets processed.

I saw it. I just hope they get me processed before the next "new" system gets unveiled for a test drive. I don't wanna be the guinea pig.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #94

Just checking in to see how you new retired and going to be retired Feds are getting along.

As for me...Life is Great! The days have begun to melt into one another, spring is here, and I am Happy! And I have my calendar to keep my life on track. This is the most relaxed I have ever been.

Looking back on it...
"I'm glad I did it, partly because it was worth doing, but mostly because I'll never have to do it again."....Mark Twain
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #95
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Just checking in to see how you new retired and going to be retired Feds are getting along.

As for me...Life is Great! The days have begun to melt into one another, spring is here, and I am Happy! And I have my calendar to keep my life on track. This is the most relaxed I have ever been.

Looking back on it...
"I'm glad I did it, partly because it was worth doing, but mostly because I'll never have to do it again."....Mark Twain
Hi there! Well it's been 3.5 months & I'm loving retirement. Went on another vacation (Las Vegas) and didn't have to worry about leave. I joined a Walking Group & meet up 2x a week at the Mall & 1x a month at Denny's. I too started keeping a calendar.....it is so nice to be able to schedule stuff during the week...tomorrow I'm getting my carpet cleaned...Thurs getting the AC checked....you're right Life Is great! Glad things are going well for you!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #96
Confused about dryer sheets

Retired 1 April 2014 - 33 yrs 3 mos CSRS. Received my Lump Sum annual payout on 11 April. Haven't decided what to do with TSP yet.

Glad to hear that OPM processing looks to be getting a little better.

Going to my first retirement breakfast tomorrow with some coworkers that beat me to retirement.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #97
Recycles dryer sheets

I received a check in the mail from DFAS, $138...with NO explanation. I cashed it figuring if it's a mistake it is not much to repay.

Congratulations Nerkdawg on your retirement, hope you enjoyed the breakfast.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I received a check in the mail from DFAS, $138...with NO explanation. I cashed it figuring if it's a mistake it is not much to repay.

Congratulations Nerkdawg on your retirement, hope you enjoyed the breakfast.
Interesting on the check. Was DFAS your pay processing center when you worked?

I was told by my agency that after Pay Period 8, which I believe ended April 5, your former agency pay center processes a 2014 COLA you are owed for the lump sum annual leave payment received after the 1% took effect, i.e., Jan 12, 2014.

To new retirees, congrats. I have been retired 3 months now and I am enjoying it.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #99

76 days, including weekends, holidays, and a few sick days I'm gonna use up.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #100
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
76 days, including weekends, holidays, and a few sick days I'm gonna use up.
Pretty exciting, Martyb!!! Those 76 days are going to just fly by, and soon you will be retired too.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 feds, feds