Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #121
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congratulations you will enjoy your beautiful new home and well planned landscaping.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #122
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thumbs Up.gif
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #123
gone traveling

Well, I'm friggin' jealous.
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
Well we moved in yesterday. Moving in consisted of backing the motorhome into our covered parking and plugging it in to power!
Congratulations! But I would've expected you guys to be more excited about a dedicated black-water discharge station.

I'm also surprised that your parking spot wasn't already taken up by squatters like REWahoo or Rich_in_Tampa...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #125
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post

I'm also surprised that your parking spot wasn't already taken up by squatters like REWahoo or Rich_in_Tampa...
Not until January...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #126
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Congratulations! But I would've expected you guys to be more excited about a dedicated black-water discharge station.

Hah! I hadn't given them the gate access code! There is a reason why we live in a gated community.

We do indeed have our own very official looking sewer connection right in our covered parking.

Audrey
Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #127
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hah! I hadn't given them the gate access code! There is a reason why we live in a gated community.
We do indeed have our own very official looking sewer connection.
So you have all sorts of ways of getting rid of the... eh, never mind.

It must be a lot of fun to go to a party in your neighborhood and start a discussion about "Why I think RVing sucks!"

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #128
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

We do indeed have our own very official looking sewer connection right in our covered parking.

Audrey
That may or may not be your sewer connection - looks like a cleanout cover that is opened and used as point where you can clean or rod out a sewer line. I really like your RV setup.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #129
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Audrey, looks like TS-soon-to-be-hurricane Alex may give your new roof a good test.

BTW, you did spring for the roll bar option on your Alpine, right?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #130
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
That may or may not be your sewer connection - looks like a cleanout cover that is opened and used as point where you can clean or rod out a sewer line. I really like your RV setup.
Yes, that is what it is. But that is what they decided to use for the RV sewer connection. It'll work. A bit odd - but it'll work.

Audrey
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #131
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Audrey, looks like TS-soon-to-be-hurricane Alex may give your new roof a good test.

BTW, you did spring for the roll bar option on your Alpine, right?
We decided to clear out of here and head up your way this afternoon. Don't be surprised if we knock on your door!

The covered parking is supposedly hurricane proof - built out of 2x8s - the framing is very impressive.

Still, it might get up to 70mph around here. We decided we didn't want to wait around to experience it personally.

Audrey
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #132
Full time employment: Posting here.

So... you just backed up the RV... are you planning to furnish the house, too? After you evade the hurricane, I mean...
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #133
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker25 View Post
So... you just backed up the RV... are you planning to furnish the house, too? After you evade the hurricane, I mean...
Of course we'll furnish the house. It'll just take quite a while as we own no furniture.

Audrey
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #134
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Of course we'll furnish the house. It'll just take quite a while as we own no furniture.

Audrey
Details, details..
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #135
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker25 View Post
Details, details..
Oh, yeah! I seem to be drowning in details!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #136
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We decided to clear out of here and head up your way this afternoon. Don't be surprised if we knock on your door!

The covered parking is supposedly hurricane proof - built out of 2x8s - the framing is very impressive.

Still, it might get up to 70mph around here. We decided we didn't want to wait around to experience it personally.

Audrey
I think it's one of those "rites of passage" things for anyone buying a house near the Gulf of Mexico. Within a week or weeks of closing on the house, a hurricane simply MUST head straight for the new house.

In my case, back in 2002, it was Hurricane Lilli, a cat 4 hurricane dancing along down our coastline a bit offshore, and trying to make up her mind where to veer in to make landfall. Scare the wits out of me , though Lilli ended up making landfall further west.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #137
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I think it's one of those "rites of passage" things for anyone buying a house near the Gulf of Mexico. Within a week or weeks of closing on the house, a hurricane simply MUST head straight for the new house.

In my case, back in 2002, it was Hurricane Lilli, a cat 4 hurricane dancing along down our coastline a bit offshore, and trying to make up her mind where to veer in to make landfall. Scare the wits out of me , though Lilli ended up making landfall further west.
Apparently so! We still can't believe we were chased out of our place after only 2 nights spent there. If we had furniture so we could stay inside the house and there wasn't construction down the road, we probably would have stayed as there is only a tropical storm warning for the area. But staying in a motorhome rocked by high winds gets old after a few hours.

We made it to Choke Canyon TX, (near Three Rivers TX). We'll get some of the rain bands here, but winds should be moderate. Seriously, with Alex you would have to go north of Dallas to get out of the storms! Some really heavy weather north and west of us yesterday!

Audrey
Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #138
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

From the looks of this pic, I imagine that the citizens of Choke Canyon are delighted to be getting some rain, storm or no storm.
cnoke canyon.jpg
The time stamp on your post belies a long, tiring day. Hope you sleep in and catch up on lost ZZZs.
IndependentlyPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #139
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
From the looks of this pic, I imagine that the citizens of Choke Canyon are delighted to be getting some rain, storm or no storm.
Attachment 9570
The time stamp on your post belies a long, tiring day. Hope you sleep in and catch up on lost ZZZs.
Nope! Just up early.

I don't think that pic is anywhere near the state park. It's real green and a lot more scenic around here.

Audrey
Old 06-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #140
Give me a forum ...

Glad to hear that you are out of harm's way, and I hope your house suffers no damage. It's great that you haven't furnished it completely yet.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote