A Whole New Chapter in Audrey's Great RV Adventure

Wrote a big check today. Closed on the house.

See http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/audrey-becomes-a-landscape-designer-50758.html for pictures.

Audrey

Congratulations! Great concept, and an excellent job on your landscape design and execution. I have been poring over this thread, and the links you posted. Very informative. Wish I could find something similar to this on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington; it would make my ER plans a little simpler...

Audrey, congrats on being the proud owner of a sticks n' bricks (OK, sticks n' stucco) house once again. Looks like a great place!

Still not sure why you built it in Texas, but hey, to each his own. :cool:

Congratulations! Great concept, and an excellent job on your landscape design and execution. I have been poring over this thread, and the links you posted. Very informative. Wish I could find something similar to this on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington; it would make my ER plans a little simpler...
What they have done here is pretty unique, which is one (of many) reasons we bought in. I don't know if such a design will become more popular across the country. It's hard to say.

But adding a nice big concrete RV pad with full hookups to an existing lot is probably not too hard if you have the space. But sometimes you run into all sorts of covenant restrictions.

We love the Olympic Peninsula area!

Audrey

Audrey, congrats on being the proud owner of a sticks n' bricks (OK, sticks n' stucco) house once again. Looks like a great place!

Still not sure why you built it in Texas, but hey, to each his own. :cool:
Well, to tell you the truth, we are pretty much "stuck" as TX residents until Medicare age. But since any winter place has to be south of I-10 in our opinion, there aren't that many choices anyway.

Oh wait - the TX defamation league: We must have been crazy to settle down here. It hit 100 degrees today! What were we thinking!!!!! :crazy:

Audrey

What they have done here is pretty unique, which is one (of many) reasons we bought in. I don't know if such a design will become more popular across the country. It's hard to say.

But adding a nice big concrete RV pad with full hookups to an existing lot is probably not too hard if you have the space. But sometimes you run into all sorts of covenant restrictions.

We love the Olympic Peninsula area!

Audrey

We considered doing a set-up like you just built, land/development costs wouldn't be too bad. Our biggest issue is security, especially when we are away... would be nice to be in a gated community of like-minded individuals who keep an eye out for each other...The RV lifestyle is appealing, but we still want a place to come "home" to. (well, two actually- one on the OP and one in AZ, for summer/winter.)

It hit 100 degrees today! What were we thinking!!!!!

No matter where you go...

It was 101° (in the shade) at our house in Denver today -- I think the "official" will be in the 97°/98° area (still not officially "high" yet). On the other hand, the 7% humidity, and no wind, is making it rather pleasant on the patio... or is that the Margarita?

No matter where you go...

It was 101° (in the shade) at our house in Denver today -- I think the "official" will be in the 97°/98° area (still not officially "high" yet). On the other hand, the 7% humidity, and no wind, is making it rather pleasant on the patio... or is that the Margarita?
Hmmm - our humidity was only 35% which is really pretty low.

The climate here is a little strange. The humidity can be quite high in the morning, but often drops to quite low in the afternoon which means you feel OK in the shade, and makes the evenings very comfortable.

Audrey

Congratulations ! It really looks like an ideal choice and the landscaping just adds to it . Enjoy !

Hmmm - our humidity was only 35% which is really pretty low.

The climate here is a little strange. The humidity can be quite high in the morning, but often drops to quite low in the afternoon which means you feel OK in the shade, and makes the evenings very comfortable.

You know, of course, that you are painting a pretty compelling picture of that area. I look forward to checking it out. I somewhat agree with the south of I-10 rule. Hmmmmm. If I didn't know about Denver...

You know, of course, that you are painting a pretty compelling picture of that area. I look forward to checking it out. I somewhat agree with the south of I-10 rule. Hmmmmm. If I didn't know about Denver...
Well - I would have to say that this area is will only appeal to some. If you need a winter place, it's pretty good and inexpensive and has a nice "tropical" feel. But it's also very flat, has several very busy urban areas in a tight corridor, and is a little "foreign" in that being such a high % hispanic community it is very unlike the rest of the US. We find the latter charming, whereas some folks might find it to be a little too unusual to feel comfortable.

The winter texans love it down here, but they all flee when the heat builds in late spring.

Audrey

What I should have said was "a compelling picture despite your attempts to discourage."

:D

Well we moved in yesterday. Moving in consisted of backing the motorhome into our covered parking and plugging it in to power!

100627_MG_08947.jpg

As you can see, we need every bit of the 60 ft covered parking we had built. We extended the standard length from 50ft to 70 ft total which includes the 10 ft storage room at the back of the covered parking.

100627_MG_08951.jpg

Now we're keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Alex. I'm just hoping it doesn't come and ruin all my brand new landscaping. If things look really threatening, the rig is ready to roll.....

Audrey

Congratulations you will enjoy your beautiful new home and well planned landscaping.

Well we moved in yesterday. Moving in consisted of backing the motorhome into our covered parking and plugging it in to power!
Congratulations! But I would've expected you guys to be more excited about a dedicated black-water discharge station.

I'm also surprised that your parking spot wasn't already taken up by squatters like REWahoo or Rich_in_Tampa...

Back
Top Bottom