Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARS View Post
Per person? That is some serious coin for 128 days, especially if times two.
Even if you travel alone, you still have to multiply by 2 to account for the single supplement.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
Even if you travel alone, you still have to multiply by 2 to account for the single supplement.

Like I said. Some serious coin.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Old 03-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Per person? That is some serious coin for 128 days, especially if times two.

That's for two. Regent is certainly a deluxe line. Smaller ships, all inclusive. No tipping.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

How nasty of the staff. i bet they took the women's tip money without eye-rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmar View Post
We met some people ( older single women) who were on an around the world cruise on one of our repo cruises. I noticed that the cruise ship staff would roll their eyes every time these women were around. One staff said to me "no where else to spend their money".?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Kind of partial to one of these...

galerie - catamaran à voile - Privilège 615 par Privilège Marine

Friends owned this boat and traveled through Europe and the Caribbean for several years... **** with kids ****. Now they're living the normal suburban lifestyle.
Catamaran 2004 Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera Catamaran For Sale

I met them about a year after they sold it and moved to our neighborhood. I suspect growing twins was a factor in them moving back on land.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Friends owned this boat and traveled through Europe and the Caribbean for several years... **** with kids ****. Now they're living the normal suburban lifestyle.

Catamaran 2004 Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera Catamaran For Sale

I met them about a year after they sold it and moved to our neighborhood. I suspect growing twins was a factor in them moving back on land.

The kind of experience you'll never regret. The cruising: the neighborhood thing may be not so much... ;-)

Old 03-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
How nasty of the staff. i bet they took the women's tip money without eye-rolling.
Yes, I was a little surprised. No tipping on this line. I guess on a very long cruise some guests might get under the skin of some staff but I rather enjoyed the company of these ladies. They were in our cooking course and always seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

Oceania has an around the world cruise that lasts 180 days and goes for $35K/person in an inside cabin. (Tips included, free wifi. and a few free shore excursions). I think it might include a drink package as well. Substantially cheaper than the report.......
Old 03-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
The only thing a cruise ship and a personally owned boat have in common is water

Before you buy the boat, run a simulation.
Compared to owning and maintaining a boat, my RV'ing is a piece of cake. Much less time and money involved too.

Quote:
With all due respect: you're just not thinking big enough (re: simulation article)!
The bigger the boat, the more work one has to do. Ugh! Of course if one is filthy rich and just keeps writing checks... But then, it may be a lot simpler just to rent a boat when one is wanted. About living full-time on one, I prefer to be on terra firma, or it has to be as big as a cruise ship for no motion.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:30 AM   #50

In addition to all the other issues pointed out so far, I wonder how one continues to (for instance) own securities and bank accounts and (anything else the gummint wants to know about) without a permanent address. Most financial institutions will not open (or maintain) accounts without a permanent street address. They won't even allow our bank statements to be forwarded when we stay at our summer location. Changing the address is problematic in that both persons on an account must request a COA - found out the hard way on this one.

I know that there are probably ways around such things. Still, it's clear that such issues add a layer of hassle and requirements for "sharpness" that many folks in their 80s (heck, late 60's) may no longer have. Just sayin, as YMMV.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote