Another of those how many "millionaire" posts...

It’s interesting that they exclude employer-sponsored retirement plans when determining assets.

So if you live in a million dollar paid off house with an additional couple of hundred thousand cash, you are not a millionaire. However, if you have a million dollar mortgage on said house, and that gives you a million of inestimable assets, well Welcome to the club.

"you must have investable assets of $1 million or more, excluding the value of real estate, employer-sponsored retirement plans and business partnerships"

As there are more than a few hundred post on here in several threads, as to what constitutes "net worth" I guess they can use what ever they want.

I find this hard to believe. I have a few (more than 4) million in liquid assets, and I meet much more wealthy folks on a daily basis, so how the heck am I in the top 6%?

My Fidelity advisor claims I'm in top 2% and it seems BS, I see actors, athletes, billionaires, oil barons, etc., and they seem to be worth hundreds times me. So not buying this tripe.

So a six figure pension doesn't count? It takes an egg of 3 million at 3 percent to produce 90k :confused:?

Ok............

Remarkably consistent across all states that 5% - 6% of the population are millionaires.

Well I’m number 1. Yes, NAS Pax River and a nuclear power plant and natural gas export/import facility close by help. Plus we have the bay, did anyone see beach front renovations the other night on HGTV.

So a six figure pension doesn't count? It takes an egg of 3 million at 3 percent to produce 90k :confused:?

Ok............

Right. That;'s why I see no value in these sorts of 'reports'.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom