Back in the Caribbean..... Finally.

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well we missed the first Toronto snow (Aw never mind) and now we are begining our 6 winter months in the Caribbean. We are currently in Tortola BVIs for about 2 weeks at Nanny Cay Marina, anyone know it? We are continuing our stint aboard our friends 45' R&C Leopard Catamaran. He may be selling it at the end of this season so we want to make the most of it. Lots of maintenance and cleaning to do after it's summer sleep. We will be spending Xmas and NY in the USVIs St. John or St Thomas. I will post some pics for all my friends here on the board. At the usual web address, www.impconcepts.com/cruisingthecaribbean.htm If that link does not work go to www.impconcepts.com and click on Cruising The Caribbean. We will be installing radar this week so I will probably document that escapade also.

I hope this is the correct place to post this note, as we have not actually retired afloat, I think it is better placed in the Lifestyles section. No doubt the moderator will make the decision.

SWR

Congrats, SHockwave, and good luck getting the boat cleaned up.

When the full moon comes, you might like to know about the surfer bar right over the hill from you (toward Long Bay Beach Resort) that serves a big stew of magic mushrooms. Apparently the parties go all night and get pretty wild! Not my scene any more, but we went in there with the kids the next morning and it looked like a lot of people had a lot of fun.

Haven't stayed in Nanny Cay, but friends like it there. My favorite in the area is still Bitter End -- had a nice evening on Saba Rock in the bar there.

ESRBob

Shockwave,
If you make it as far as Nevis, I have a message that needs to be delivered to friends that are MIA and live there....let me know, and I can send it...thanks...if you do make it that far, you will be happy you did.

Thanks again,
Billy
website www.geocities.com/ba264

Shockwave,
If you make it as far as Nevis, I have a message that needs to be delivered to friends that are MIA and live there....let me know, and I can send it...thanks...if you do make it that far, you will be happy you did.

Thanks again,
Billy
website www.geocities.com/ba264

Billy:

We usually get to Nevis a few times, this year will be no exception. Ancorage and the beach (Pinney's I think) is just wonderfull. We should be there in mid January. How would I go about getting them your message? We typically only go to Charlestown for provisioning the boat. And spend most of the time on the boat at the beach. Not many people there. My email is ianfs@impconcepts.com.

ESRbob:

I have never personally been to the full moon party, but know of it. (Who doesn't around here?) Nanny Cay is OK for getting stuff done on the boat as we know the staff. But the real fun is being at anchor somewhere quiet.

SWR

Back
Top Bottom