Best Places To Burn Your Severance

AzDreamer

Recycles dryer sheets
The article below isn't specifically for retirees but it has some good ideas for inexpensive places to spend your idle time.

For example:

Ko Samui, Thailand - Expenses: Around $20 per day

This idyllic island is increasingly popular with globetrotting tourists, and it's no wonder. If you're looking for clear blue water, cheap massages and drinks on the beach, Ko Samui is paradise. The village of Chaweng has some of Thailand's best beaches, and the most active nightlife (think foam parties, Ibiza-style) on the island. You'll pay about $15 a night for a nice hotel, and $5 will get you more than enough food.

In Pictures: Best Places To Burn Your Severance

In Pictures: Best Places To Burn Your Severance - Forbes.com

so if i don't secure an enjoyable job within a year or two i guess i'll have to suffer through daily massages in paradise. such is life.

We were in Koh Samui 10 years ago and loved it. Wonderful place, people are really friendly and the food was excellent. I would return there in a heartbeat, however I would say by now it is likely overrun by development and is a totally different place to what I remember.

I'd vote for Banos, Ecuador. Little mountain spa town. Not much to do but eat, sleep and soak in the baths. Total cost per day about five years ago was $20/person.

Buenos Aires is pretty cheap, too, and you have all the benefits of a major cosmopolitan city at your beck and call should you be inclined to spend more.

Welcome to the Early Retirement boards, sebastiani! Please feel free to post an introductory note on our "Hi, I am...." board.

These sound like some really interesting destinations to consider for my post retirement travel adventures.

Back
Top Bottom