Caddyshack Bill Murry It's in the hole!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Big day today my first pension check arrived, more than I was expecting.

It is so neat, You Live A Month and they The State sends you a CHECK!! :D

Congrats! Now the real trick would be if the check is enough to live on, and your portfolio is stricly Hawaii/Lexus gravy!

Laurence said:
Congrats! Now the real trick would be if the check is enough to live on, and your portfolio is stricly Hawaii/Lexus gravy!

It is pretty close!

Not having a mortgage and low taxes are the ticket.

Congratulations!!

That first pension check is sort of a reality check....Yes I am really retired...Yes I will never get another paycheck....Yes I need to live on this or dip into my nest egg... Yes I won't have to eat Little Friskies in my elder years....Yes I AM RETIRED

I have been double dipping for a few years now....small pension from previous employer and current paycheck. The paycheck will stop this year and the pension is way to small to live on so the nest egg will be tapped for living expenses soon.

SteveR said:
Congratulations!!

That first pension check is sort of a reality check....Yes I am really retired...Yes I will never get another paycheck....Yes I need to live on this or dip into my nest egg... Yes I won't have to eat Little Friskies in my elder years....Yes I AM RETIRED

I have been double dipping for a few years now....small pension from previous employer and current paycheck. The paycheck will stop this year and the pension is way to small to live on so the nest egg will be tapped for living expenses soon.

I am substitute teaching and coaching a varsity high track team now. is that called still working??

NOPE! It really is a blast I work when I want to, coaching is my hobby and I get out of the house and out of my wifes hair!

This is soooo nice.

I have dental insurance, I have a prescription plan, Great medical insurance all for pennies, Part of my benefits package from my retirement.

Oh wow just got a paycheck from the school district today for my 8 days of sub teaching!

Life is good. 8)

Now you are faced with either feathering the nest with your new income or spending it on consumer items that will enhance your life and bring great joy to you and your wife. ;)

My thoughts on this are........save some....spend some....tomorrow may never come....but just in case it does.....

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey dont complain. My only pension from my first employer is due around 2020 and will total about $50/mo...

Well, after 24 years in mostly mangement positions with a mega corp. I expected more but then again, my divorce cost me some of it and I did ER at 50 so I was not really all that suprised. It does pay for beer and gasoline so I can't really complain. The current place has no pension so leaving this year will not cost me anything except the 401k contributions but since they failed to qualify for 2006 I don't expect much so I lowered my contribution to the minimum match...just in case they do qualify this year. This place is a joke but I stopped laughing a while back. Looking back at this job will be a nice place to be rather than looking ahead to getting out of it.

Congratulations. I envy you, especially if you post pictures of your travel/hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom