Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Changed Again, Now Trying for a Saturn VUE (Sorry Kia & Ford)
Old 02-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #121
Recycles dryer sheets

I've had my 2004 Vue for about 18 months and 40,000 kms. It is a very base 4 cyl 5 speed. When I was shopping, the difference with Canadian taxes between a base Vue and the lovely 6 cyl honda engined Vue was about 8,000 $CDN. Our Vue has been totally trouble free. Oil changes and gas. Mileage has been very good ( for a SUV ). Our other car is a 2000 Jetta 1.8T and I think the Vue gets better real world mileage than the Jetta. The 4 cyl is sort of sluggish in town, but is geared to work much better on the highway. Up here in Nova Scotia, I put snow tires on the FWD Vue and go thru pretty much everything. Buying experience was excellant.

Interior space is excellant when compared to other mini SUVs. I would buy again.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
Fair enough.* I'm happy with wagons, so its not much of a big deal to me.
Yeah, I just need to get over it. I'll probably end up with a wagon too, because I'm too cheap frugal to pay the asking price for most SUV's these days.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #123

OK Guys, and Gals of course:

Well, I did it. I bought a nice new 2006 Storm Gray Saturn Vue with ABS and Traction Control, Manual Tranny and 4 Cyl 2.2. I drove the 4cyl Manual 2006 and it has lots of power in 2nd and 3rd. enough for us non towing bunch anyway. It is tricked out enough for us and we got out the Door for $17k and change. Yes, OUT THE DOOR!. The buying experience was excellent. And I got what I consider to be a good deal.

Remember what SWR's definition of a good deal is: "Getting what you want at a price you are prepared to pay".

I will be more than happy to post my reviews if you all like as time goes on, or I will stop here if we are all fed up this thread. Let me know. I pick the car up tomorrow afternoon.

I did drive the Subaru Forester today. It was VERY NICE, but it is definately a Wagon and not IMHO a SUV. But that AWD is a dream. However, the best they could do was $23k + Tax License and Advertising + Other dealer shafting charges. And that was after a $2k Rebate.

Was the Forester better overall. Yes. Was it $7k better out the door. Definately Not for us.

Thanks for all your responses and feedback.

SWR
Old 02-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #124

Please do come back and report when you've had time to drive it for awhile.