Cilantro taste aversion

My wife hates cilantro. I like it. I'm not sure it has anything to do with genetics.

On the other hand, most cheese smells like feet to me.

There is a reason for this:
Many of the stinkiest cheeses are hosts to species of bacteria closely related to the bacteria responsible for the characteristic smells of human armpits or feet

Re cilantro - my boyfriend says he has the gene, as does his sister, and he says it tastes like soap. Apparently it’s very specific!

It's interesting that so many know just what soap tastes like.

I assume they used a lot of bad language as kids and had their mouths washed out with it. :LOL:

It's interesting that so many know just what soap tastes like.

I assume they used a lot of bad language as kids and had their mouths washed out with it. :LOL:

I was thinking the same thing. Of course I can only speak to the taste of Ivory soap, not any other brands.:D

I don't have a problem with cilantro but some women's perfumes smell like soap to me. Never could figure out why but maybe I have a slightly different gene?

I don't have a problem with cilantro but some women's perfumes smell like soap to me. Never could figure out why but maybe I have a slightly different gene?

Maybe it was Eau De Coriandre?

Maybe it was Eau De Coriandre?

Mmm... Add just a pinch of cumin, a clove of garlic freshly pressed, and people will turn head wherever the perfume wearer walks through.

Back
Top Bottom