Class of 2016

I officially retired 04/30/21016 age 59. Retirement is priceless.

One of the things I really don't miss is the countdown: "we have only two more days of vacation, better hurry up and get things done, and enjoy these last days before we go back to work."

I don't miss that at all.

Congratulations to the class of 2016!

This week is going by too slow! 2 more days to official FIRE although I have only been w*rking 6 hr days for the past 2-1/2 yrs. Guess I'll call it going from part time to no time!

Pulled the plug 12/9/2016....This was the most enjoyable and relaxing Christmas I've ever had!

exactly a great Christmas for me as well. it has been such a pleasure to experience holidays without the stress and time constraints of also working

I am done. Last day was 12/16/16. Missed my first target of 50. But made it at 55. Start watching first grandson in 2017. A bit different than mega ore.

Congrats EQMAN-----! As mentioned, Holidays are sure more enjoyable knowing one doesn't have to return to the grind. Just retired a few weeks ago at 58. Still in "adjustment mode" �� Hoping for a 4 year stock market rally now as icing on cake!

I was an engineer at a communications chip manufacturer until last May. For the last 6 years or so the engineering team worked through the Christmas holidays to prepare a demo for the Consumer Electronics Show in January. Then we were on call during the show to fix any problems. Meanwhile marketing got to take a long vacation followed by a party (which CES is for them). This was one of the (many) reasons I retired this year (6-May).

This Christmas was the most relaxing one I've had in years. Nothing to do but cook sweet treats and gain 10 pounds the fun way ;).

Pulled the plug 12/9/2016....This was the most enjoyable and relaxing Christmas I've ever had!

exactly a great Christmas for me as well. it has been such a pleasure to experience holidays without the stress and time constraints of also working

Yep, I have to agree. 12/15 for me. Usually I was working holidays and weekends. What I think is the best is getting them all back. Cheers! Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I finally did it!!

This post is very late. I guess I've been too busy enjoying retirement. I pulled the plug on June 9th 2016. Megacorp offered a layoff package and I (along with 99 of my closest friends) took it. It was the happiest bunch of laid off (now retired) workers I've ever seen. Since then DW & I spent a month RVing around Lake Superior and Lke Huron. Also going on a ski trip to British Columbia next week, Redecorated a bedroom and are planning a cross country RV trip this summer. Not sure how I ever hd time to work:dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom