Class of 2016

Got my bonus today; no way I was going to give notice prior to the bonus notice. I have targeted giving my notice on 4/5/16 (taking Monday 4/4 off) which will be a 33 workdays / 52 calendar day notice.

Gave my notice yesterday! The GM's first response was to try to talk me out of it, then he came to accept it, and finally he offered sincere congratulations as he walked out the door. I still have to notify my direct supervisor. I'm expecting that one to be more of a struggle since he relies on me more directly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got my bonus today; no way I was going to give notice prior to the bonus notice. I have targeted giving my notice on 4/5/16 (taking Monday 4/4 off) which will be a 33 workdays / 52 calendar day notice.

Congratulations!:dance:
I left my Mega Corp in Feb with a pending bonus for 2015 to be issued in April. I have slight hope they will follow through and issue it, since they addressed this very question in a webex discussion for another retiree. :facepalm:But to trust they don't lie, I know better despite the companies Integrity award. You were very wise to wait for your bonus.:biggrin:

Guess I ought to officially sign up for the class of 2016. My last day of work is March 31st. My 60th Birthday. Have not decided yet what to do on April 1st.

Guess I ought to officially sign up for the class of 2016. My last day of work is March 31st. My 60th Birthday. Have not decided yet what to do on April 1st.

What to do on April 1?...how about whatever you feel like or absolutely nothing. You time will be 100% yours to enjoy however you want.

"What to do on April 1?...how about whatever you feel like or absolutely nothing. You time will be 100% yours to enjoy however you want."

That, to me, sounds better than any Christmas I ever had as a child! Particularly, since we have empty-nest and my wife wants to keep working.
A little more than 2 months to the finish line

Committed to class of 2016. Just accepted my last stock grant, where 50% vests in May. Adjusted my 401k to max out end of May - my FIRE date. Scheduled a bunch of ETB between now and then. Adjusted DW's 401k and HSA to max by end of June - her FIRE date - a bit later than mine due to my youngest needing our mega-corp family health insurance until then. Definitely excited to be out by age 55.

In Limbo

4/1 was to be my last work day at Megacorp. Rumors started to circulate that Mega may offer a "Retirement Incentive" package. Significant cash incentive to accept a voluntary layoff. Announcement should be in April. May have to delay retirement until 5/31. :confused:

Just Became a Member

I just decided to remove myself from the Class of 2017 and join the Class of 2016! I think I will give my notice in early May, with hopes of being gone by Memorial Day. Have been thinking about it for a while, finally decided to JUST DO IT.

DustyMom - Congrats on moving up your date! My 4/29 exit is rapidly approaching and I can't wait.

DustyMom - Congrats on moving up your date! My 4/29 exit is rapidly approaching and I can't wait.

Have you given notice? If so, how did it go over? How are you preparing yourself for the "big day".

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Anyone else? :greetings10:

April 29, 2016 will be my last day. I'm going to make my irrevocable commitment on Friday.

I just came to the site to build confidence in my decision.

Rumors are that I am next in line for a promotion. Noooooooooooooooooo

:D:D:D

Have you given notice? If so, how did it go over? How are you preparing yourself for the "big day".

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I spoke with my partners in November and worked out the exit strategy. Some understood and some couldn't figure out how I could leave at 46 years old.

Today was my last day at work! Went to the bank and deposited my last paycheck, won't get the severance pay until April 15th.

I'm not doing anything for the next 3 days, until Monday, then I'll continue to pack for the POD storage delivery in two weeks.

Turned off my two alarms this morning so I don't forget and get rudely awaken tomorrow!

Happy Birthday and congratulations on ER:dance:

Today was my last day at work! Went to the bank and deposited my last paycheck, won't get the severance pay until April 15th.

I'm not doing anything for the next 3 days, until Monday, then I'll continue to pack for the POD storage delivery in two weeks.

Turned off my two alarms this morning so I don't forget and get rudely awaken tomorrow!

Woo-hoo!! Toss those alarm clocks out the window - or at least into the closet! Enjoy your freedom. :dance: :dance:

Finally, that's the word that comes to mind. I had long count down. Too long probably.

My last day went well. They had going away cake and punch in the board room. I had to give a little speech. My friends said I did a good job. Put some humor in it. Then, a bunch of us went out for drinks.

I didn't sleep in as late as I thought I would today. Going to the gym in a little while. Then, starting on my to do list.

Loaded up the trunk with 15 years of office crap. Got my last paycheck. Said goodbye to the Pres and CFO. Finally can join the class of 2016!

Congratulations! I've given my notice and will be joining in June. Plenty of work to do and logistics to arrange between now and then.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I'm under ninety days now, so will start throwing away junk and cleaning out old emails, shredding paper files and getting ready for my freedom. I have countdown apps on my phone and people laugh when I show them how many days, hours, minutes and seconds I have left.

I signed irrevocable paperwork for 4/30/16 retirement. It is real now.

January
- Vireo - 1/8/2016, age 60
- robertf57 - 1/22/2016 58
- Ghandi - 1/14/2016 - age 49
- Willers - 1/31/16
- YakGrl - 1/31/16, age 56

February
- Happyras 2/1/2016 age 61
- SecondCor521 - 2/19/16 age 46

March
- InTheSticks - 3/1/16, age 57
- DanD76 - 3/1/16, age 58