Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #141
Recycles dryer sheets

OK, if everything goes as planned over the next 2 weeks, June 7th should be the day I FIRE. I am this close......(note changed my photo to represent this). It's been such a long road, but have been focused on it since I was 19. So 99 very challenging days left.

- Save all you can
- Buy used cars
- Focus on your end goal
(FIRED June 2019)
Shabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #142
Dryer sheet wannabe

June 7, 2019 is my last day. Wow, time sure slows after you start the countdown. I have 66 working days until FIRE. My wife will be in her second year of retirement starting in June, so we are ready to start traveling and enjoying the fruits of our years of 9 to 5.

Line Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #143
Dryer sheet wannabe

I was originally in the class of 2020, but I have decided to retire in April. I am debating just when to give official notice. My current position has gotten to the point, I hate coming to the office. I have run various scenarios and we have more then enough for me to leave now. (DW retired two years ago and now works about eight hours a week.)

There is a chance I could continue on part time as a consultant. But it would be reporting directly to the CEO who I have enjoyed working with many times over the past 15 years.
lakerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #144
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Dawg View Post
June 7, 2019 is my last day. Wow, time sure slows after you start the countdown. I have 66 working days until FIRE. My wife will be in her second year of retirement starting in June, so we are ready to start traveling and enjoying the fruits of our years of 9 to 5.
Congrats! That is my last day also. I originally turned in my paperwork for 13 April but HR recommended using my sick leave under FMLA (paperwork already on file and DW needs daily assistance). They approved 50 days sick leave which pushes me out to 7 June going in 2 days a week.
Lawrencewendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #145
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrencewendall View Post
Congrats! That is my last day also.
I have a small piece of paper on my desk with 1-100 on it and I am crossing off the days until I get to 0. 93 Days to go!
- Save all you can
- Buy used cars
- Focus on your end goal
(FIRED June 2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #146
Full time employment: Posting here.

My day will be June 28th... just under four months to go!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #147
Dryer sheet wannabe

Shabby and Lawrencewendall, We are all three retiring on the 7th. I challenge you both, to see who has the longest, happiest retirement. With the gantlet thrown down, I hope you both beat me by at least one day and one smile.
Line Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #148
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Dawg View Post
Shabby and Lawrencewendall, We are all three retiring on the 7th. I challenge you both, to see who has the longest, happiest retirement. With the gantlet thrown down, I hope you both beat me by at least one day and one smile.
Challenge accepted. I just signed all my papers today to start the 90 day clock. Exciting stuff guys!
- Save all you can
- Buy used cars
- Focus on your end goal
(FIRED June 2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #149
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepr View Post
My day will be June 28th... just under four months to go!
Congrats, ChiliPepr. That's my last day too. My manager is going to publicize my retirement on Monday. So glad, it's finally "official". Just 111 days to go.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #150
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Goal was Class of '20, but moving to 2019!! Back at pre-military recall job...hoping to be done here by Halloween, then on to RV'ing, international traveling, and chillaxin'!! Happy to be joining ya'll
Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #151
Recycles dryer sheets

Just put my notice in. Last day scheduled for May 31st. Apprehensive but excited.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #152
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyt View Post
Just put my notice in. Last day scheduled for May 31st. Apprehensive but excited.
congrats man - I started my mega pension March 1 but I'm still at a desk.....

does that count?
Old 03-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #153
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireup2020 View Post
Goal was Class of '20, but moving to 2019!! Back at pre-military recall job...hoping to be done here by Halloween, then on to RV'ing, international traveling, and chillaxin'!! Happy to be joining ya'll
This was my quote from 2015 in the class of 2019

I'm also in the 2019 class and plan on punching at 55 but like some of you I'm crunching the numbers to see if I can go early. Once you have FI it's nice to know you can pull the RE trigger at anytime.

Pulled the trigger in 2016. Sitting under the awning of my RV in San Diego. Spent three weeks in Jan in Australia/New Zealand. Chillaxing is Real. Glad to see you upped your date.
World Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #154
Dryer sheet wannabe

May 31 here.

Informal discussions two weeks ago with my direct supervisor and yesterday with retirement HR team so they can start running my retirement benefits binder.

Final decision will be made by 3/31. Then I get to spend a few days/weeks with top leadership trying to talk me into staying. Give me strength to hold firm!
SALTedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTedOut View Post
May 31 here.

Informal discussions two weeks ago with my direct supervisor and yesterday with retirement HR team so they can start running my retirement benefits binder.

Final decision will be made by 3/31. Then I get to spend a few days/weeks with top leadership trying to talk me into staying. Give me strength to hold firm!
"Retirement benefits binder"? What's that?

The only sweetener I have for my retirement date is getting insurance till end of month. And maxing my 401k but that is all me anyway.

But those retirement benefits are good to have I am sure.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #156
Dryer sheet wannabe

[QUOTE=Montecfo;2205365]"Retirement benefits binder"? What's that?
QUOTE]

It will be a thin binder, I'm sure. But yes, nice to have anything extra.
SALTedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #157
Dryer sheet aficionado

Whoohoo!!! I'ts if official. My last day will be 3/31/2019 with a year of severance!
FI50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #158

Congrats y'all!
Old 03-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #159
Dryer sheet wannabe

Graduation Day is here!

Where are the Class of 19 t-shirts? Retired from 35 year career at 4pm today, and was hitting tennis balls against a machine by 4:45pm. From here, schedule is fairly full with 2 side gigs: tour directing/guiding and tennis officiating (anyone need help with DC or NYC plans?).

How long does it take to wrap your head around the fact that there is no more work email Inbox?
cantfindmyglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
I'm joining the class!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #160
Dryer sheet aficionado

I'm joining the class!

April 1, 2019 I will be officially retired! So happy to join the class! I have been reading, dreaming and preparing for years. Thanks to all on the site for all the info and encouragement.

YakGrl is offline   Reply With Quote