Scott Burns article
this morning in the newspaper talks about the big payoff in retirement being contentment.. a lot of the obvious, but I think he's nailed it pretty well.
Other points he makes include
-retirement marketing is about either excitement or pain
- young people find happiness in excitement, older folks in contentment
- workers biggest chunk of time spent is 1)sleep 2)work..
- retirees 1)sleep 2) what makes them happy, including tv, reading, movies, gardening, preparing food, shopping, dining out..
- retirees become more attentive buyers and better shoppers (more time)
- he spends some time on Bernicke's research of decreasing spending w/age..good stuff
enjoyed to article... it made me content