Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
1) I would really, REALLY like to write a book. This would not be for publication, but just to have had the experience of putting one together, completing it, and making it flow. I have written (thrown together?) a few scientific publications that were book length, but they weren't exactly gripping. In contrast, I'd like this book to be an exercise in the craft of writing - - aimed at a wider audience, and written skillfully and artfully to pull the reader into it and have him sitting on the edge of his seat in anticipation.
When you do this, I know a book binder who does one off books. I did one for a friend for a Christmas present. Her name is Virginia Westray and you can see more at Virginia Westray

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssc View Post
When you do this, I know a book binder who does one off books. I did one for a friend for a Christmas present.
Thanks, though you're right, I've got to write it first! Once I do, the ER forum will be the first to know. I seriously doubt I'll want a vanity publication but you never know.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Golf.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to JonnyM Send a message via Yahoo to JonnyM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boont View Post
Live in Europe for a while.
I'm with you, although I think about two months every two years will be about right

Quote:

Catch the redhead
GOT MINE! and she is so HOT!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:

Catch the redhead
Did that, but she now dies it grey! What can a guy do?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

I've surfed thru this thread repeatedly and am bugged. Years ago my landlady who was about my current age croaked (as you say) suddenly. Some of her co-workers came over and one of them picked up a piece of paper; it was her "to-do list" for the next day's errands. He slowly read it and said philosophically, "we all have our lists."

I want to be, not become, I don't want to aspire to any more resume items. I want to live without a "to do list."

But living without a list is a crock because recent experience tells me I cannot even buy a bottle of vanilla without putting it on eight different lists.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
I've surfed thru this thread repeatedly and am bugged. Years ago my landlady who was about my current age croaked (as you say) suddenly. Some of her co-workers came over and one of them picked up a piece of paper; it was her "to-do list" for the next day's errands. He slowly read it and said philosophically, "we all have our lists."

I want to be, not become, I don't want to aspire to any more resume items. I want to live without a "to do list."

But living without a list is a crock because recent experience tells me I cannot even buy a bottle of vanilla without putting it on eight different lists.
Maybe instead of a list, a concept would suit your style better. If you have a concept of fulfillment to experience in retirement, you wouldn't need a list. You could BE the list.

Not even someone who relies heavily on lists, would need one for that. If you did, your list would simply have one item: "Live well".

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

• retire in 5 years
  • move to dream location
  • oversee philanthropic fund
  • pick up old hobbies: art, writing for pleasure, gourmet cooking
  • exercise every day
  • golf
  • entertain friends
  • see India
Old 08-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

• milk
  • orange jiuce
  • bananas
  • eggs
  • toilet paper
  • remember the location of the list...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #30
Full time employment: Posting here.

work/own an art gallery.
get my tongue pierced again....had to take it out for mega corp job.
live in italy for a year.
retire early.
find a nice guy.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #31
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Ride a motorcycle on my 100th birthday.