Crossed over

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well I made it! Left work for the final time today. Think I'll go surfing tomorrow!

Congratulations!!! Don't forget to sleep late. You'll still have all day to surf. :D (and the next day, and the next, and the next.... )

Welcome to heaven. :greetings10: Forget about surfing, bring up that post count, isn't there something in the rules about a prize on the 1,000 post? :nonono: nm, surfing is a good idea. congratulations. :flowers:

Thanks all. Gonna have a good time! :whistle:

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP3045a.jpg
    Copy of IMGP3045a.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey congrats!

Where do you surf? That looks GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Totally flatsville here in Texas. Waiting on a far away hurricane to produce some swell here.

Congrats to you. I highly recommend retirement. Hope you catch the perfect wave today and every day in the future.

Ever time I see this thread heading I think, Oh Lord, now we have posters from the next world!

Ha

Congratulations Good month to retire in! I had my three year anniversary last Wednesday

Congrats! A friend of mine, former coworker, asked if I wished I had waited until 60 to retire. (I retired at 55.) All I could do was shake my head NO! I wasn't expecting the question. But I spend 50% of my income from pensions and other investments. I'm sure he and his family spends most of his even though still working. Stepping off the treadmill was one of the best decisions of my life. You will love it!

Thanks everyone for all the positive energy!

Today is also our 28th wedding anniversary, so we have a really nice party planned this evening to celebrate the combined events. Some of our friends from high school have a band that has been playing around forever (the drummer, guitar player and me on trumpet played together in a big band/jazz band in high school; got to play the Hollywood Bowl battle of the bands 2 yrs back in the late '60s), so they are going to provide the dance tunes (classic rock/soul).

On a bittersweet note, related to haha's comments, there were 3 sudden deaths this week in our circle of good friends. Kind of a sobering reminder of how life really works.

Anyways, not dwelling on tomorrow today.

Dude. Congrats.

On a bittersweet note, related to haha's comments, there were 3 sudden deaths this week in our circle of good friends. Kind of a sobering reminder of how life really works.
Anyways, not dwelling on tomorrow today.
After a week like that, your friends will be happy to have this to celebrate!

Congratulations, happy retirement. Dwell on the good prospects.

Back
Top Bottom