Cruise excursion problems in PV

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
When we took our Panama Canal cruise last year we had an excursion in PV that took our bus to a "tequila factory". They also had many other "opportunities at the same location including various trail excursions. I wounder if it's the same place?

I'd be interested in learning all of the facts about this robbery. I am always leery when we take excursions in 3rd world locations, but they are fun. Wonder what the liability of Carnival is on this?

Of course, the boat did not sink...so there's that.

(CNN) -- Twenty-two Carnival Cruise Lines passengers were robbed of valuables and their passports during a shore excursion in the Mexico seaside resort of Puerto Vallarta, cruise officials said late Saturday.
The passengers were robbed Thursday during a guided trail excursion, according to a statement released by the cruise line.
The cruise line did not provide details of the robbery, saying only that there were no injuries and the tour was suspended on future sailings under further notice.

Cruise line: 22 passengers robbed in Mexican seaside resort - CNN.com

I'd be interested in learning all of the facts about this robbery. I am always leery when we take excursions in 3rd world locations, but they are fun. Wonder what the liability of Carnival is on this?
Geez, the robbers should just apply for jobs at Carnival-- where they could separate the customers from far more money in far less time.

They were on a cruise sponsored excursion to a zip line . The bus was stopped and they all were robbed. Carnival has said they will reimburse all their cruisers and look into the safety of Mexico .

Many years ago when I was about 12, we all went to Jamaica as a family. My parents had the bright idea to take a rail trip to a famous rum distillery, into the mountains. About halfway there the train hopped the track and we were stuck. We were there long enough that they managed to drink the bar car dry for the first time in the history of the tour and the locals came out to mingle with the passengers. At one point someone offered my father a (mostly toothless) woman. Nobody was robbed, but it was an "interesting" and highly educational excursion for me as a 12 YO. For some reason, we never went back to Jamaica...

Back
Top Bottom